sixteen ; presents

" PRESENTS "

" PRESENTS "

" won't be wrapped under a tree, i want something to last forever - so kiss me on this cold december night "

_

eddie sighed looking at his christmas presents, sitting on his bed. a pair of jeans from his aunt, a sweater from his uncle and a spare inhalor from his mom. the last one made him cringe the most.

why couldn't he just have a happy christmas eve like any other family would? why couldn't he just get nice and thoughtful gifts that would make him smile and his cheeks turn pink?

with that thought on his head, he put the sorry excuses of presents in an empty corner of his room and lazily changed into his jammies. as soon as his head hit the pillow, silent sobs started coming out of his throat. with a whimper he covered his face with both of his hands. i'm so pathetic.

his thoughts were interrupted by three knocks on his bedroom window. eddie wiped his tears and cleared his throat. his breath hitched when he saw who was on the other side of the window, with a grin on his face.

richard tozier, the one and only.

eddie smiled and opened the window for him to go in. the tall boy jumped into his arms with a squeak and eddie, completely taken aback, fell on his back to the ground with richie on top of him.

"merry christmas, eds!" richie cheered, pulling away from his best friend to see him clearly. but once he did, his cheerful smile faded. "wait... you've been crying haven't you?"

eddie looked away. he didn't eant to look weak in front of richie, specially not for something as dumb as presents. he simply shrugged.

richie sighed and pulled eddie up. "it's your mom isn't it? something tells me she wasn't particularly giving this year?" he said, not letting go of eddie's hands.

"yeah but rich, it's not just my mom. it's like nobody in my family even cared to give me a present that had the tiniest bit of meaning for them or for me! and it sucks because if i'm that irrelevant to my own blood then how am i supposed to believe that there's people out there who are willing to care about me? i-i mean, i -" and just like that, he broke down once again, 9nly this time being held by richie's arms.

eddie held onto richie's t-shirt, shaking as he sobbed. he felt richie's thumb caressing the back of his neck. "i know boo, i get it." richie said. "you know what my parents got me this year? a fucking carton of cigarettes." he chuckled but eddie knew how painful it was for richie to live under his parent's roof. "but you know what?" he asked, pulling eddie away by his shoulders. "we have each other. we're here to help each other get out of shitty situations, like this one. i love you so much, okay?" he said, wiping eddie's tears away.