Pack Of Kools

"Get ready."
Scrim says as I make my way downstairs. Without asking questions I turn around. I can only assume we're gonna party since they're about to be leaving.

I pull out some plain black leggings and a white button up crop top I straighten my hair and put on some white slip on vans. After I'm done I head back downstairs.

"How you look so good in the simplest things."
Scrim says, biting his lip.

"I'm a simple gal, what can I say?"
I say sarcastically and he laughs.

"Where are we going?"
I ask

"We gonna surprise max for his birthday."
He picks up my purse and keys and hands them to me.

"Uhm-"
My heart stops, I don't wanna see max.

"Why you always act weird with this dude?"
He questions, I push my hair back and slump on the couch. Scrim sits next to me and I know at that moment I have to tell him.

"We fucked around, I got a little attached and he fucked me over. I know we're adults and it's been 3 years but, I just can't get him outta my head."
I spill.

"You still got feelings for him?"
He asks, staring into my eyes.

"No! It's not that. He's just made it to where I can't even look at a guy the same. I haven't dated anyone, just one night stands."

"We don't gotta go."
He says

"No it's fine, I want to do something fun while you guys are here. So we're gonna go have fun."
I stand up and walk to the door. Scrim and I walk outside and Ruby stays in for a sec.

"By the way, I knew about you and max I just didn't want to say anything just Incase Rubes heard."
Scrim says as he lights a cig

"What how did you know about it?"
I ask shocked

"Max told me."
He says as he opens the passenger door for me.

"Wow, even after he said he wouldn't."
I say

"Nah, you told him not to tell Ruby."
He shuts the door and I sit in silence as I watch him flick his cigarette and walk to the driver side. The boys get into the car and scrim starts it.
-
"Wassup my man!"
Ruby shouts over the music as max makes his way to us.

"Hey! So glad you guys came."
Max replies the boys just smile and nod. Then max looks at me and his smile fades.

"Cher-"

"Just here for the booze, happy birthday."
I shove a full blunt towards him and walk away as he takes it.

"Cherry!"
Ruby calls out when I snap my head he makes a 'come here' motion and I grab a drink and walk to him.

"What's up?"
I question.

"This is Layla."
He says pointing to the slim girl with short black hair next to him.

"Hey."
I say and she smiles.

"You must be the girl Ruby always talks about."
She says, making me blush.

"I guess so."
I say taking a drink.

"And you're Gus's girl?"
I ask.

"Yep that's me."
She says, her voice is goose like but I like it.

"How long have you guys been together."
I stand in front of her waiting on her answer.

"A while."
She replies.

"That's cool."

"Yeah, Gus is great."

"Yeah he is."
I sit in an empty spot on the couch and she sits next to me. I look over and Ruby is talking to a girl I've never seen before and he hasn't introduced me meaning he's probably just met her. I don't know why I'm getting jealous.