Chapter 2

To say that convincing Colosso was hard would be an understatement. Max had to predict the remaining of the week and recite all of Colosso secrets to make him take him seriously.

"So let's say, hypothetically that you are from the future," Colosso began, gaining Max's attention. "Why did you came back?"

"I didn't come back willingly, truth be told I thought I died."

"What do you mean?"

Max took a deep breath. He told Colosso everything. How he turned against Dark Mayhem, how he became a hero in the end, how he and Phoebe became candidates for the Z force, how Phoebe turned evil, how he killed her.

"Max, I'm so sorry," Colosso said sincerely. He knew that despite their fights Max truly cared about Phoebe.

"So you believe me?"

"I do. What you told me seems too specific to be a lie. Not to mention, that I couldn't find a reason why you would lie to me."

"Then I need your help Colosso, I can't do this without you. If you won't do it to save an innocent girl's life, at least do it for me, your best friend, please?" Max begged desperately which left Colosso speechless. Max begged before, but all the times he has heard Max beg for something it was half-assed. Now he could hear his desperation clear, sounding like a man without any other options. Both of them knew that Colosso was his only hope to save his sister. And despite the animosity, he felt towards Phoebe, Colosso could not in good conscience let her die.

"Of course Max! You're my best friend and even though I don't like Phoebe I don't want her dead."

Max smiled in relief. "Thank you Colosso."

"Do you have a plan yet?"

"I do, but it's incomplete. First I need to disable the stick bomb I left in the Hero conference room. While it may have lesser security than other buildings owned by the Hero League, it would be tough to sneak in and out undetected. That's why I need to craft a stealth generator, then something that creates a high amount of energy to destroy the stink bomb. Then I'll hunt Dark Mayhem down. And I must do all this without my family finding out."

"That's all? I thought it would be more difficult than this," said the rabbit sarcastically

Max smirked. "I already started working on the stealth generator and the weapon, they should be finished by tomorrow. I can use my jetpack to get to Metroburg and back. Then we'll focus on Mayhem."

"Sorry to burst your bubble, Max, but you can't beat Mayhem on your own."

"I know. Before I came back I made a suit that enhanced my strength, agility, endurance and my powers, but since it was a prototype it was destroyed easily. I'll need to make it even better if I am to beat Mayhem. But I'll need some special components from the black market, which I don't have the money to buy."

"The answer to that is easy Max: either steal the components or steal money to buy them."

"I don't want to rub banks," Max said sharply. "I want to make people believe I want to be a supervillain, not become one."

"Alright, so stealing the components it is. In that case, I hope that stealth generator of yours will work perfectly."

"It will."

The bunny scoffed. "I've yet to see an invention of yours that will work."

The young man glared. "My inventions do work," he said before going up.

Today was Ditch Day, probably his favorite day because he got to spend time with Phoebe something he never truly appreciated back then. Before they started their snowball Max made sure to deactivate the security cameras in the school.