t w o

Before I knew it, Friday afternoon rolled around and Cassie was at my place getting ready.

"WEAR THE DRESS, WEAR THE DRESS, WEAR THE DRESS!" Cassie chanted. I was considering wearing this black faux leather skater dress that I had, until I realised that skinny jeans and a band tee would be much more comfortable. "Do I really have to?" I complained. "Yes, Put in on" Cassie replied. I groaned, "Fine" and walked to the bathroom to put it on.

I walked back to my room once I had the dress on and looked at myself in the full-length mirror. I had to admit, I was happy with how I looked, so I wasn't complaining.

"Yay! Now for your hair and makeup." Cassie said, leading me to sit on the chair next to my dresser. I sat down and she began to curl my hair. She applied a dark silver eye shadow to my lids. The makeup was just a little bit more dramatic than what I usually wear, but I was happy because it looked really good.

Cassie was already dressed. She was wearing a short purple dress and black pumps. Her platinum blonde hair was up it a sleek ponytail.

As I heard the doorbell ring, I slid on my red pumps and followed Cassie down the stairs.

"Hello Ashton" I heard my mum say. "Are you here for the girls?"

"Yes I am, Ms Brooks." Ashton replied. I walked towards the door to see him standing there in black skinny jeans and a Nirvana t-shirt.

"Oh come on Ashton, you know you can call me Karen!" My mum laughed. She turned around to see Cassie and I standing there.

"Oh and where are you kiddos off to?" I noticed a nervous look on Ashton's face as he stuttered.

"We're going to Josh Evan's party, and I'll sleepover at Cassie's afterwards." I said. Most people wouldn't tell there parents that they were going to parties, but I knew my mum would actually encourage me to go, she was always saying that I needed to get socialized.

"Ok, well, have fun!" My mum called as we walked to Ashton's car. "See you tomorrow" I said as I jumped into the passenger seat.

************

Ashton pulled up at Josh's house, it was huge, but I wasn't surprised because Josh's parents are pretty rich. As we got out, I noticed what looked like a scene from a typical teenage movie; red solo cups littered the front yard and a couple was making-out next to the front door. Actually, they probably weren't a couple, they probably only met a few hours ago.

Josh greeted us at the door. "Hey mate!" he said to Ashton, giving him one of those weird bro hugs. He turned to Cassie and I. "Oh, hello ladies!" he winked. Ashton slapped him across the back of the head. "Don't even think about it." Ashton spat. Josh put his hands up in defence. "Sorry, Sorry. I was kidding. Anyway, come inside guys."

We walked into the house and the music was so loud that I could literally feel it. People were dancing, grinding on each other and trying to yell over the music. I looked at the huge dining table and couldn't stop myself from thinking that it wouldn't be too long before someone would be dancing on it.

I stood by myself in the corner of the room. Cassie was swept away by Michael, and Ashton could be anywhere. I wasn't particularly interested in the music that was being played and I wasn't planning on drinking either, so I was just checking facebook to pass the time.

"Hey there, beautiful." A voice slurred. I looked up from my phone to see Ryder standing there. He had obviously been drinking. "What do you what?" I asked, getting bored of his presence. "You." He winked. I was honestly finding him quite repellent at the moment. "Too bad you're not going to get it. Why don't you just go and have sex with one of your bimbos, they probably have a waiting list to sleep with you."

"But none of them are you, are they?" he smirked. He was standing way too close for my liking. I would be enjoying this moment if Ryder wasn't drunk and hadn't slept with almost every girl at the party tonight.

"Look Ryder, you are way too drunk to remember this tomorrow and you will probably regret it big time." I said. He looked as though he was taken back by my words. "Please Hayley. Just once. It doesn't have to mean anything if you don't want it to." He said, his neediness was starting to piss me off and I honestly just wanted to find Cassie and Ashton and go home. "I already said no, is that too much for you to understand?" I said.

Just as I was about to try and push past him, a pair of large hands grabbed him by his shirt. It was Ashton. Ryder was pushed into the wall and Ashton pulled back his fist to punch him in the face. His fist made contact with Ryder's face, and he yelped in pain. Ashton still had him pinned against the wall. "Don't you ever talk to Hayley like that again!" Ashton's voice roared through the room. By now all eyes were focused on the pair. "Sorry mate, I didn't know she was yours." Ryder said, defending himself. By now, Cassie had found us and she was standing next to me.

Ashton paused for a second. "She's not, she just doesn't deserve to be treated like that." Ashton let go of Ryder and turned to face me. "Come on, we have to go now." He said, placing his hand on the small of my back and leading me towards the front door.