s e v e n

I sighed and leaned on Ryder's shoulder. We were snuggled up together on his couch watching Big Bang Theory, but I couldn't keep my mind off what he said yesterday, "Just do us both a favour and stay the hell away from him" the words kept running through my head. I hated that he thought he could keep me away from my friends.

"What's on your mind, babe?" Ryder asked, rubbing the small of my back. This gesture made me forget what was worrying me. "Nothing, I'm fine." I assured him.

"Ok then", he smiled. I realized that it was getting late and thought I should get going home. "I really should go home, Ryder." I stated. "Yeah ok" he said, getting up to walk me to the door. He quickly pecked me on the lips before I walked to my car and waved goodbye to him.

Once I got home, I said goodnight to my mum and my little brother, Jack, and walked up to my room.

I changed into a pair of leggings and my Ramones jumper, before hoping into bed and putting my earphones in. I put my ipod on shuffle, and the first song that came on was 'Falling for you' by The 1975. I fell asleep listening to the song.

***********

"What do you think of these?" Cassie asked, showing me a pair of ripped, dark grey denim shorts. We were currently shopping in Cotton On. "Yeah, I love them." Cassie ended up buying them and I bought an AC-DC top.

We ended up spending almost the entire day and the shopping centre, it was nice spending the day with her and not bumping into any one we knew.

Well, that was until we bumped into our best friends, Tiana, Maddie and Chloe.

They strutted towards us and I wanted to bury myself in a hole. Tiana had a fierce look on her face. "Hey there Mrs Haynes!" she mocked. "Hello Tiana" I said through gritted teeth. "What are you doing here?" she asked, twirling her hair. "Well, I was trying to stay away from you, but clearly that didn't work out for me." I said, happy with the rude comeback I came up with. In my peripheral vision, I could see Cassie smirking. Tiana rolled her eyes and her minions followed her as she walked away. As they where walking away, Maddie turned back to us and mouthed "sorry" and continued to walk.

Maddie's action made me realise that maybe she wasn't that bad. I always knew that Maddie wasn't that bitchy, but being in the popular group with Tiana and Chloe gave her a bad image.

*************

I walked through the corridors, on my way to my locker. I was by myself today because Cassie was away, sick. There were barely any people around because the bell hadn't rung yet. I heard hushed, male voices coming from around the corner so being the eaves-dropper I am, I stopped walking and listened to the voices.

"Man, you've gotta tell her"

Josh. That was Josh's voice.

"Yeah I know, I know, it's just that..."

Ryder. That one was definitely Ryder.

"What? It's just that what?" Josh continued.

"I kinda like her. As in, actually like her." Ryder said

"Too bad mate, because there is no way she will still like you once she finds out that it was a dare." Josh said. My heart stopped beating, I felt like I had just been hit by a truck. I couldn't believe it.

"Ok, I'll tell her tomorrow, when she finds out she will freak, but then at least she will know." Ryder said to Josh. I turned the corner, my shock turning into anger.

"Too bad I already know."

////////////////////

Sorry for the cliffhanger!!!!! sorry this chapter is kinda short. But anyway, do you think Ryder will be able to fix this mess, or is he too much of a jerk to care?

Please comment and vote <3

- Kaitlin