Chapter One : Who did this?

When the hibiscus was no longer in bloom, and the red petals fell slowly and the trees stayed still like ballet dancers poised to show their grace. Snow rested and covered the entire city as if it was covered in a soft, white blanket. The day was illuminated by the pale light of the winter's sun that reflects on the shiny snow. It was a kind of day where you don't want to leave your house and have hot coffee or chocolate while you stay wrapped up in a cozy blanket by the fireplace. But Allison had to leave her apartment as the zephyr mixed with snow blew, sending a shiver down her spine.

Allison had no idea what the day held for her. She was out her apartment early morning like every other weekend to work at the nearby coffee shop. But this particular day she went to the park near her sister's apartment to meet her. She's was walking by the sidewalk with her black knee length jacket with shiny,big buttons on the front covered her body from the cold . A scarf, as white as the snow laying on the ground was wrapped around her neck and blue jeans that perfectly fit her legs. A small leather black purse hung from her shoulder, resting by her side. Her silky, long black hair was let loose and strands swayed around without any restrictions in rhythm with the wind.

She made it to the the park and found it quite empty. Only a few who were unbothered by how chilly the morning was were walking mindlessly with headphones in their ear. Allison was walking down the path that lead to the almost frozen lake that was surrounded by many trees. She was standing there waiting for her sister to arrive any moment. Behind her was a small field that was entirely draped with thick layers of snow. Small trees on the outskirts of the field that acted like a boundary were looking like snow balls .

Her mind drifted off as she observes her surroundings, waiting for Hannah to come any second now and wrap her arms around her for a hug.She waited, with the two cups of coffee in her hand. Talking glances here and there something caught her attention. She discerned some kind of a silhouette by one tree against the snow. Out of curiosity she slowly started to move towards the direction of the silhouette. She tilted her head on the side slightly as she moves closer and closer, she notices the splattered crimson liquid on the white bed of snow and beside the small bush is something that seems like it will haunt her forever.

Immediately a blood-curdling scream erupted from Allison's mouth and she fell on her knees, shattering completely like glass,tears welled up instantly and started to pour out of her eyes like the running water out of a faucet. For a second she thought her scream would simply go unnoticed but it was not. People had started to gather around with screams and gasps. Few people bewildered and calling the police while some others were too horrified to even look.

There she was, her sister who was supposed to meet Allison and she did but never had she thought that she would meet her like this. Her body lay there on the snow lifeless like a grisly mannequin. Her face and body is pale, almost like the snow itself. The police had surprising arrived quickly and found Alison crying, her hands clutched on her sister body. She wasn't just crying , it was more like those desolate sobbing like she has just lost everything.

The officers pulled her away from Hannah's body as soon as they saw her sobbing beside her. Alison was held by a female officer as the other officers were examining the crime scene. Hannah was slowly being put into the black body bag and was being carried away, Alison started to wiggle her way out the officer's grip, but she was more stronger than Alison who was shaking. One officer came close to her and moved his mouth, perhaps he was saying or asking something but everything in a complete blur to her except for racing thoughts and voices in her mind.

The officer who was now tired of trying to talk to her gave up and motioned the female officer to bring her with them to the station for interrogation. Alison now was being escorted to the police vehicles while Hannah was being put in the ambulance to be taken for an autopsy. Alison's violent sob had stopped as she blankly stared out the window and watched her sister's body being taken away and she was now moving towards the direction of the police station.

Alison is at the police police station, still captivated by shock and grief she is unable to utter a single word. The officers are trying to talk by asking several questions all at once, giving her a little time out before again attacking her with another round of questions. Finally a man, looking like he is in his early 25 walks in and starts to try to calm Alison and help her get out of the shock that seems to have paralyzed her before asking his questions.

Hannah is now at the mortuary. Her pale ghostly looking cold body rests on the slanted autopsy table. Her blonde hair scattered everywhere and stained in her own crimson blood just like her own body. Her hazel eyes wide open, hints of sadness flashing in the irises, her mouth hung wide open as well. The blood stained and teared clothes have been removed and a white sheet covers her tortured body. She looks like a crew of special effects has worked together to make her look so horrifying. Covered in black and blue bruises, streaks of red deep lines, a dark line across her neck makes only one question race through people's mind : who did this?