Moving on

This is a bad idea" I said again looking over at Curtis as we got out of the car

"No it isn't, and plus David and the kids would be disappointed if uncle frank didn't come to their Christmas party" he said grabbing the presents for the kids from the backseat.

He looked down at them and then back at me "are you sure about this?" He asks

I nod and grab the bottle of champagne I bought for David and Sarah.

Before we even got to the door Leo and Zach zoomed out the door and greeted me and Curtis.

Leo stopped right in front of me and looked at me waiting. For a second she looked just like my late daughter Lisa. And just like with Lisa I knew exactly what she wanted and picked her up easily juggling holding her and the champagne.

"Hey sweetheart, how've you been?" I ask her

"Good, it's been so long since we've seen you and uncle Curtis I can't wait to give you your gift" she says and hugs me tightly.

As we walk into the house I hear Zach asking Curtis what we got them. I shake my head as we walk into David's house.

Receiving a peck on the cheek from Sarah as I walk In. And I return if

"Hey where's mine" I hear David ask as he comes over but not to his wife but to me

"You're an asshole you know that" I say chuckling.

He points upwards, looking up I see mistletoe. And I glare at him. And then shrug and say "fine"

But Instead of giving him a peck on the cheek I kiss him full on. Surprised when he returns it. After getting a good taste of each other. And the gasps and the "gross" from Zach we break apart

"Damn I wish I knew you where that good of a kisser in the bunker, might've had funner days" I say grinning  as he blushes and Leo wiggles out of my arms

"Be right back" she says running upstairs. I raise an eyebrow

"She's been working all month on your gift" Sarah says "even we don't know what it is" she says

"That wasn't necessary" I say looking around noticing that madani, Matt, Karen and Foggy were also here" I smile and raise my glass that David handed me to them as Leo zooms down the stairs and hands me a box.

"Open it open it" she squeals happily

"Alright sweetheart" I say as Curtis comes over and watches as I pull out a porcelain, hand painted, carousel horse. The bottom saying "in memory of Lisa and Frank Jr" I feel my breath catch.

As memories flood back. I could feel the tears coming. I was grateful for Curtises reassuring hand on my shoulder.

I tried to ignore the shuffling of the others who didn't know what to say.

"You like it?" I hear Leo say looking at me her eyes wide with anticipation of my answer.

I look at her trying to form words. Trying to piece together my feelings. I watch as her smile fades and water builds up in her eyes. And before I can say a word she's running up the stairs and a door slams.

"I I'll go talk to her" Sarah says quietly

"No I'll go" I say and just like he read my mind Curtis hands me her gift and I go upstairs and quietly knock on the door.

"Can I come in?"

"Sure.." I hear a sniffling child say

As soon as I open the door her water works start "I'm so sorry uncle frank I didn't mean to upset you" she cries

Holding back my own emotions I go sit by her "you didn't upset me.. it just took me aback. I really love and appreciate it."

She sniffles and looks at me "really"

I nod. And I did mean it. Sure it brought back painful memories but It moved me and made me so happy.

"Here I got you this" I say handing her the gift I brought

Taking it, she looks at me one last time and than opens it.

And there In her hands is my daughters copy of "one batch, two batch"

"Open it"

She opens it and reads my message out loud

"To Leo,

The most special girl in my life, this book belonged to my late special girl my daughter Lisa. You remind me a lot of her. You bring me the joy that she did everytime I saw her. I hope this book brings you as much joy as it brought her.

Love

Uncle Frank and Curtis"

She looks at me tears in her eyes. And without saying a word she hugs me tightly.

"I know your to old for it but I wanted you to have it. Just like I gave your brother a small kids toy that meant a lot to my son"

"I I I love it" she says between tears

"Can you read it to us" I hear from the doorway

Turning I see Zach in the doorway holding the toy. Curtis, David and Sarah standing there.

At first I was going to protest. Not because I used to read it to Lisa but because the night before I didn't read it to her but than  I saw someone else.. a ghost... of Lisa, she smiles and nods before disappearing.

I knew I should be feeling crazy but something told me what I saw was real. And if she wanted me to than I would

"Yeah I'll read it to all of you" I say and they all come in and sit

"One batch, two batch, penny and dime.."