Part 6

White put her hand on my head and gently stroked my hair. I was uncomfortable to say the least...
I didn't know her well, and I hated being touched in the first place.

I stuttered to keep singing until I just started something completely different..

"Life doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints. It takes and takes it takes. But we keep living anyway, we rise and we fall and we break and we make our mistakes... and if there's a reason I'm still alive when so many have died then I'm willing to wait for it.... I'm willing to wait for it."
I knew I messed up somewhere but I couldn't tell where at that exact moment.
Damnit you said the last line twice.

"You must sing for me more often." She said as she continued basically petting me. Yep. I wasn't exactly super happy.
"Well... I uh..."

Later that day I was told I could visit the girls again. They were all just talking when I walked in, trying to fix my hair still.
I heard the song on and almost started laughing.
Theodosia writes me a letter everyday...

It was the same song that I started singing. It made sense with me, I made mistakes of course, I've seen others shatter.
If I'm still alive here, and so many others have been shattered before my eyes... if there's a reason for that I'm willing to wait to figure that out. I sighed and sat with them, telling them about the day and everything.
We did get just a little hyper.
Ok a lot hyper.

Well so humans get drunk off of alcohol right? When gems get way too hyper and energetic they can't think clearly. Often when that's more happy instead of anger, we have the same symptoms of a human drinking too much.
I didn't have that happen to me, but the others did.
I was laughing as I watched a ruby literally fell on her face and start laughing.

Eventually I was called back, of course.
3 hours at max...

I sighed as I walked inside the room again, still quietly singing wait for it under my breath.
Love doesn't discriminate
Between the sinners and the saints
It takes and it takes and it takes
We keep living anyway
We rise and we fall and we break and we make our mistakes
And if there's a reason I'm by her side
When so many have tried
Then I'm willing to wait for it.