Chapter 2: Meeting The Prince

THIRD POV:

The next day, Senko took her son to the market. Full of people who were very much different from each other.

Human, Faunas, Devils, and such. 

Shopkeeper: What can I get for you today, mi'lady?

Senko: Some tofu and green onions, please.

The shopkeeper placed the items in a bag then took notice to Shoko, who was beside his mother.

Shopkeeper: Who is this?

Senko: Well...

Shoko (timeframe): One Explanation Later

Senko: ...So that's what happened.

Shopkeeper: The poor thing. Spirit or not, no one should go through all that... Still why did you choose to take him in? Seing how you're a divine messenger from the heavens, wouldn't it be more easier for you to find a foster home?

Senko: This child... he has a lot of negative energy which was caused from his loneliness. The other gods agreed that I would come help him. The best way to do so is to raise him as my own.

Shopkeeper: Is that so? 

There was commotion coming from outside the shop. Everyone seemed to be running.

Senko: Excuse me, but why is everyone running?

Lizard Faunas: His highness has return with the prince.

Spider Stray Devil: So we're going to greet them. You should come to Lady Senko.

The two ran off. At the entrance was the emperor, his daughters, his men, and a young man. All bowed upon their return.

Jin: Never changed. Not at all.

Lord Mikoto: Not once. The only thing that did changed was the welcomed citizens. Many of whom were rescued from Union or Atlas.

Jin: I see the White Fang are busy as well.

Yumi: As expected as one fighting for equality and freedom.

Weiss: I didn't know that the White Fang were here.

Yumi: The White Fang were welcomed years prior. At that time the Belladonna Family were their leader. They made an alliance with Lord Mikoto in order to free the many Faunas from slavery and the cruelty of society. This alliance still goes on with many starting a new life here as equals.

Ruby: I didn't know that. I mostly hear them protesting on the news.

Jin: That is true, but we believed in peace not violence. For a weapon is only needed when the time comes and there's no other option.

Sona: That was very wise of you to say.

Hamakaze: Brother was taught by many. Father especially.

A child runs after a butterfly, stopping the royal family. Her parents running to catch her.

Bear Faunas (father): Forgive us! She's still young!

Jin: No need for apologizes. It is only natural for someone so young to act the way they do. 

Bear Faunas (mother): If I may? Why return so suddenly? Are you not attending the academy in Union City?

Jin: I am no more. For as of now, I am to remain here and serve as the prince once again. With me are my fellow classmates and friends. Please treat them well.

Dog Faunas: But she's a Schnee!

Weiss: A Schnee I may be, but not anymore. I may have been born into the family blood. Bearing the name of my grandfather, but I am no Schnee. Not as long as that man abuse the name on the many who suffer.

Dog Faunas: And we are to believe such words?

Weiss: I ask not for trust nor forgiveness, but what I say is true. Wishing only to undo what was damaged.

Many Faunas find it hard to believe. After all the Schnee Dust Company have enslaved many for their labor. 

Woka: If what you say is true then let us work together to free everyone from his tyranny. Oh, and if you ask, the name is Woka.

Weiss: Nice to meet you, Woka.

The royal family and their guests continued on to the castle. 

Senko POV:

Later that day, a soldier arrived to our home as I was about to prepare dinner.

Soldier: His highness wishes for your audience. 

I nodded and was escorted to the castle. Shoko stayed closely as we entered the castle grounds. In the throne room, we were met by the royal family and the guests from before.

Lord Mikoto: Ah, it's great to see you here.

Senko: It is, but why call me here.

Lord Mikoto: Well it wouldn't be right to not see my wife and son. They too were waiting to see you again.

I greeted the empress and the prince. Jin taking notice at Shoko and walked over.

Jin: Has she been treating you well?

Shoko: Okaasan takes care of me well! She's best in world!

Jin: Well I'm glad to hear that. 

The girls pretty trampled over Jin and proceeded to fangirl over how adorable Shoko is. 

Jin: Ow...

Lord Mikoto: I never understand women.

Senko: And we never understand men.

Lord Mikoto: Fair enough.