Part 7 - Rise Of The Fall And Fall Of The Rise

PART SEVEN – RISE OF THE FALL AND FALL OF THE RISE

Karl Marx liked to change the order of words in his works. This gave the text a surprising new sense and sometimes underlined hidden meanings.

BOTSWANA

"My child, you've done an amazing work. But there are many problems ahead of us. People are not made to live in a large empire. Sooner or later, all three empires will break apart", said Iosif Leonov.

"What do you say, dad?" asked Ana.

"Check out the history! No empire lasted forever. At some point, each one broke apart. No union and no federation lasted forever. Ethnic tensions will rise at some point. Separatist movements will be more and more powerful. Today, these three empires are held in place because of fear. Nobody can survive alone in this world. The surrounding empires will engulf a small, independent state. This is why anyone sits inside each empire. But if you look closer inside any empire, you notice there are tensions".

A private conversation between Ana Leonova and her dad.

March 7th, year 58. A powerful rebellion starts in Botswana. Once an independent state, it was divided between the American and the Jewish empires. Both empires took a part of it 70 years ago, dividing the population. The delimitation line crossed through villages and fields, blocked roads and railways. For seventy years, people from the North and from the South lived under occupation. But, on this date, something happened. A man living in the North tried to go to South, where his mother died a few days ago. He was refused to cross the border. Angry, the man attacked two custom guards and got killed by gunfire.

Other people at the border attacked and burned the customhouse. People started to cross the border in both ways without a checkpoint. Soon, rebellion spread throughout all Botswana. People took off American and Jewish imperial flags and burned them. They vandalized banks and institutions.

Both empires try to respond by force, to bring order. People refuse. Inhabitants block the streets with anything they find. They throw stones and handmade pikes into soldiers. On all streets of Botswana, you can hear people demanding freedom, demanding to have their state back.

In the midst of chaos, the gubernator of South Botswana goes suicide, while the administrator of South Botswana is captured and killed by protesters. They quickly organize into a self-proclaimed state and chose a president. They form an army and prepare to fight the armies of the other two empires.

Why is this happening? Could nobody see this coming?

Two centuries ago, huge tensions existed between various factions in Europe. Even if it were a time of peace, a little spark is all what was needed for World War I to erupt. A Serb student started that war. That was the spark that triggered a worldwide war. Huge tensions exist now too. It was just a question of time until everything will erupt in chaos in certain parts of the world.

Rebellions are not something new. An year ago, the Jewish Empire stopped a rebellion in Central India in a bath of blood. South America is also trying to separate. Australia and Japan tried many times a diplomatic way to increase their autonomy. Poland, The Baltics and parts of Siberia also wanted to break apart from the New Soviet Empire. However, anyone knows what would happen in case of a separatist movement. All other empires are looking for a way to incorporate fragments that break apart.

However, Botswana is different. It lies at the border between two empires. It tries to break apart from both. In this case, the newly elected president asks for help from the New Soviet Empire, which could not possibly annex a territory that far.