8. Gushing

-Marvin-

It's been weeks since I had to break up with her. The only girl who ever caught my attention. Only girl whos smile brightened my whole day. The only person for whom I will do anything. Do anything to keep her safe.

She's the most precious person in my life. She was, she is, and she will always be no matter what.

The black bracelet she gave me is always on my wrist. I only remove it when I go to take a shower. Though I always keep it near me. It's always with me.

The reason I always keep it with me is that I'm scared, that if I don't keep it with me all the time, It will be gone or better to say someone will take it away from me to 'make me forget about Anne'.

Trust me, It's not just paranoia.

From the day at the fair until now I always keep Miss Sweetheart safe with me. I don't really think I'm crazy or something but before going to sleep every night I tell the little red bear how my day went as if it's Anne.

It's November now and I was going to confess what I actually felt for her on New year. Looks like I'm not gonna be able to do that now.

Whenever I'm doing something my thoughts drift to Anne. Because of her whenever anyone calls me Marvie now, I start growling at them or glaring or just doing anything that signifies that I do not like them calling me that.

My parents always had high hopes for me. They wanted me to lead our family company. And marry someone so we can join our company with theirs and make our business ever bigger.

That is one reason why they were not really happy when I told them about me and Anne. They pretended to be okay with it. But Anne is smart. She saw right through it. When she asked me about their weird behavior I told her what they want out from me.

She was very understanding and stood by me no matter what. I did the same for her. I was always with her. All the time, that is other than that Saturday night.

As of now, for the majority of the day, I'm an emotionless man who goes around and orders everyone around and do whatever my parents tell me to do. Hopefully, I'll get from them in time to have my happy ending with my only princess, Anne.

Other than Anne, the only person who helped me make out of this messed up family is Andrea. The morning after Saturday. Or you can say the morning after my break up Andrea called me. I had never seen her that angry at me before. Before things could go out of hand I told her why I did what I did.

Andrea told me she will contract me whenever she could. And I did not hear a thing from her until now. So I got a little worried. After looking here and there I found out that the place she worked is not notified why she isn't coming at work. They said her day-off was over long ago. And she did not try to contact anyone to tell them why she wasn't reporting to work. I also found Anne and Clay, too went there to find out about Andrea.

Plus, by now I was full-on worrying. Hopefully, she is alright. Sadly I could not find out anything more.

I heave out a sigh.

Looking down at my phone I see seventeen years old Anne and me. It was taken in her bathroom mirror. It was a few weeks after her 17th birthday. She was taking a casual selfie in her white T-shirt and grey sweatpants. It was just to test out a new filter. I saw her posing for the picture when I decided I will join her. I went towards her and hugged her from behind and pushed her hair over one shoulder and placed my head next to her cheek giving her a side kiss.

I remember her giggling when I was done with my pose before clicking the picture. And then Clay walked in on in that position. He was squealing and gushing about how cute we were.

When I open my phone I see another picture of Anne and I. This time we were twenty and we were in the park which is near Anne's house. It was Andrea who took the picture. We were sitting on the swing and I was talking to Anne when I thought we were alone and pulled her on my lap. I just wanted to be close to her. She wrapped her arms around my neck while one of mine was around her waist and the other was holding the chain of the swing. She was blushing deeply and we were looking at each other when Andrea clicked the picture and came gushing about our cuteness.

At that moment she had caught us off guard. Anne jumped up in surprise while I lost my balance and we both fell backward. I landed on my back and Anne landed right on top of me. And that just made her blush even more.

I was brought back from my little trip down memory lane by the noise of my parents. They were arguing.

Curious, I followed the voices down the corridor from my room. And indeed, there were my parents arguing about breaking a piece of really big news to me.

They were arguing if they should tell me that they found an alliance and to confirm it I will be marrying a girl sometime next month.

___

Vote, Comment and Share with your friends.