10. Limited time

He just sat there and stared at me. Shocked may I add.

Well, I guess that would be one's reaction when someone close to them tells that they are gonna die within a weeks time.

We were in my living room. Sitting face to face. I looked around for a bit and then back to him. He's still in the same position.

It's been a whole solid minute and Clay was still frozen, staring at me. Okay, I think I should try to move him or something.

Slowly and cautiously I reach out for his shoulder and place my hand on it. "Umm. Are you okay, Clay?"

All of a sudden he gets up startling me and comes right in front of me. Then he bends down and hugs me tightly. I return the hug. After what feels like years he lets go of me.

looking right at me he asks slowly, "How long?"

"Okay well, I just told you that I have like, a week to--" Clay cut me off before I could complete.

"No. I mean how long have you known." 

"Oh. Some hours ago."

He looks at me for a little while. Then he inhales some air through his mouth and exhales through his nose. And then blasts.

"SOME HOURS AGO YOU GET TO KNOW YOU ONLY HAVE A WEEKS TIME LEFT TO LIVE AND YOU'RE COMPLETELY NORMALLY SITTING HERE DOING NOTHING!? YOU HAVE LIMITED TIME AND YOU KNOW IT AND YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME AWAY HERE!? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?!?"

While he was yelling his heart out I took cover behind a cushion. When he finally stopped I peek my head out from behind the cushion and look at him, who is giving me a pointed stare. Probably expecting me to say something.

"Uhhhhh... Oops?"

He sighs. "We are gonna have some fun, Alright?"

I shrug "Works with me."

___

Here we are. Vlogging the stupid things we are doing. Right now we are lying under a bridge, tired by the stupid things we did today. Well, we were only doing supposedly 'fun things' for some hours.

Let me think back to all we did for the past hours.

___

We get out of the cab. More like Clay get out of the cab and pull me out along as well. We were going to get into the mall we stopped in front of when I saw an Ice cream truck stop on the side of the mall.

Tugging at Clay's T-shirt I point out the Ice-cream truck is.

"Clay look! An Ice cream truck! I wanna go there." He just shrugs and lets me lead the way.

We were having our second serving when Clay suddenly turns around and turns on the vlogging camera and turning it towards me. At first, I looked a little confused but then I smile at the camera and waved.

"Let's introduce ourselves. You go first."

"Okay."

"Your name?

"Hi there! Whoever is watching this, I'm Anne Nightingale. Nice to know you are actually watching this!"

"What are your hobbies?"

"Hmm... I like to sing. And... That's it I guess. Now your turn!"

I take the camera from him and record him instead. "So Mr. dark blue eyes, what's your name? Hmm?"

"I'm Clay Franklin. How are you dear person, who is watching this?" He asks raising his eyebrows one by one.

"Tell us what are your hobbies, Mr. Clay Franklin." I ask in a formal voice.

"I draw. I can sing for you too if you please but let me warn you, it would not be as pleasant as when you sing, ma'am." He replied me back in a formal tone which makes me giggle and Clay snatches the camera from me.

"Hey!" I cross my arms across my chest and puff out my cheeks. He just laughs at me.

We resume eating our Ice cream and I see Clay still recording. He is recording me eating Ice cream to be exact. I just raise an eyebrow at him. Then I'm back to eating my Ice cream.

Out of nowhere, Clay starts chuckling. I look at him suspiciously with narrowed eyes. 

All of a sudden he comes forward and sticks his Ice cream cone on my forehead. 

"Oh my god, Anne! You are a UNICORN!" 

I just stare at him with wide eyes and mouth agape.

What. The. Hell!

"Oh no. You did not." 

That is how our chase began. I was chasing Clay, who was taking sharp turns and barely handling the camera which was facing me most of the time. He knew I was faster than him, Hence the sharp turns. 

At one point I threw my Ice cream at him which he narrowly dodged.

Tch, tch. Such a waste of Ice cream.

___

Finally, he turns into a dead end. He looks at me terrified. Ignoring his pleading looks I crackle evilly. I couldn't help myself. Just because of that gesture Clay's face visibly paled.

"Where are you gonna go now, little boy? Huh?" I asked with an evil smile.

"Mercy! Please show mercy!"

I snatched the camera from him and turned it off. Looked at him and said in my most emotion-less voice.

"No. Payback's a female dog." What? I don't like to curse. I let out another evil laugh before I continuously poked my finger in his stomach.

Trust me. That hurts.

___

After I was done torturing him we went to the mall to get some real food. After eating there we went to other shops and bought a pair of matching friendship band and recorded all the while. 

We went and bought many things. By we I mean me. I'm dying anyway, and I can't really take my money with me. So why not waste it. 

Mostly I bought some toys to give to an orphanage and some gifts for Clay and Andrea. I really hope I get to see her before my time is up. After I told Clay about my limited time here, I called Andrea and left her a voicemail.

A long while later we decided to stop shopping and drop all the thing at my place for now.

___

That is how we ended up under the bridge, resting.

___

Vote, Comment and Share with your friends.