A few beers and more

Castiel walked inside the rustical Diner. He smiled to himself while he was pointing out to himself what had changed. The counter had a new working layer while the wood was still the same. The walls weren't in a dark green anymore and were in a homely white. While the raven-haired man walked specifically to his old favorite seat in the back of this restaurant, he noticed a little more changed details, like the changed menu or the few pictures on the wall behind the counter.

He sat down on the seat and his eyes immediately spotted the handwritten 'J&C/bffl' wrote down with a permanent marker on the back of the table. Castiel chuckled to himself when he stroked with his fingers over this embarrassing combination of short visions of words.

Joanna and Castiel are best friends for life.

Were best friends...

They promised that to each other before both of them went to different colleges. Not knowing that this promise couldn't be held. Castiel was away for too long and Joanna decided to see the world. She became a journalist and reported the bad things happening in front of everyone's nose.

Castiel let out a sigh before the waitress came to his table "Hello, have you picked anything yet?" the raven-haired man looked up and met a pair of hazel eyes of a woman with short dark brown hair. On the tag of her work-uniform was written the name 'Meg'.

"Oh, no, " he answered looking down at the menu, "I'm waiting for someone. But could you bring two beers for now?" he asked politely and Meg nodded.

Before the waitress could go for his order Castiel stopped her with a "And, uh, "

She turned around and looked down at him with her eyebrows furrowed in a questioning matter.

"Is Ellen working today?" he asked hesitantly. "It's her Diner, honey. Of course, she is here today." Meg answered.

Castiel's lips parted to ask another question. But he stopped and just nodded at the waitress in silence. The dark-haired woman raised her eyebrows and took a deep breath before she eventually asked: "Is there anything else?"

The raven-haired man shook his head, his eyes fixed in the menu on the table. Meg rolled her eyes and turned on her heels to leave the table. Castiel squinted inconspicuously after that waitress before he let out a relieved sigh.

This was a lot for him to manage right now. He was back for a short time and this was the first time he stepped a foot in this Diner. He felt anxious and in distress.

All these negative feelings left his mind the moment he saw Dean Winchester stepping closer to the table. In a really twisted way, that mechanic looked so much better in a dark-olive flannel, a white tee, and dark jeans. Normal clothes, hello.

"Hey, " Dean greeted him before he sat down on the opposite of him. He smiled softly at the raven-haired man. Castiel was about to say something, but the two beers were placed on the table in front of them by Meg.

"Oh, you're his date?" she asked giggling and the sandy-haired model looked up dramatically and before he was able to answer that, Castiel eventually spoke up "No, just an acquaintance, " he said coldly.

Meg and Dean slowly turned their head to the raven-haired man who said something a bit, how should they put it, rude? But that man in front of them looked totally soft, not like he was saying something to hurt someone and just in the matter of fact. Meg giggled and tapped the sandy-haired man on his shoulder before she left the table with a "enjoy your beer, I will come later and check for the food."

Dean watched Castiel taking his beer with joy. He was smiling at the little brownish bottle between his fingers before he took a sip. The raven-haired man's expression was priceless, he immediately furrowed his eyebrows and shook his upper body in disgust. After that, he chuckled and took another sip, this time seeming more pleasured by the taste. "What's the matter with you?" he asked in an amused tone before he drank from his beer too.