I'll Show You How Despicable I Am

Chapter Three

You're not going to fool me this time, Hanamiya Makoto.

I scoffed, raising a sarcastic brow. "And you are expecting me to believe you? Spare me the lies, Hanamiya."

He frowned but then kept a determined face. "I'm not lying."

"Urusai!" I snapped. "Just please leave me alone and keep your lies all to yourself!"

Is he for real? He was expecting me to actually fall for his speech again? God! I'm not the same naive and stupid girl before who once fell into his trap -- his web. Now I'm stronger and I know better.

I gathered my confidence and raised my chin, "So if you'll excuse me." I attempted to walk past him but he only grabbed my wrist and put me back in place. "Let me go!"

"I'll never let you go again, Nadeshiko!" He stated firmly, tightening his grip. "Never!"

I got the feeling that what he said meant so much more than what it seemed. I tried yanking my hand away but it was futile. So I gave up and exhaled to calm myself. Then I faced him, meeting his gaze.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked in a much calmer tone. I realized that struggling was pointless. If he wanted to talk, then fine. I'd give him what he wants.

And I was right because he let me go after he was sure that I wouldn't run away again. "Let's talk about what happened to us last night."

I grew stiff, then all the anger and frustration I felt earlier that morning came rushing back to me. I slapped his right cheek hard. "How can you say that with a straight face when you just disappeared after it happened?!"

He gave me an innocent face, he didn't even show any signs of being physically hurt or at least feeling the tiniest sting of pain. Did I use too little strength? Or was it because his face was just as thick as his brows?

"Disappeared? No. I left early because I was afraid your sister might see me. I figured I might put you into trouble."

I went blank---as in literally blank. Seriously? He was actually thinking about my sake when he left without telling me? Unbelievable! And when I didn't reply, which I couldn't because I was too dumbfounded, he continued.

"And besides, I tried waking you up but you wouldn't open your eyes." Then he smirked sexily, "Sorry for tiring you last night. Are you still sore?"

I gaped at him. Images of the intimate moment we shared last night popped inside my mind. What the hell! What the hell! What the hell! I was going to die because of cardiac arrest! He was so blunt. How could he say such embarrassing things so easily? I'd die! And I swear, my face was as red as a damn tomato!

"YOU IDIOT!" I shrieked, repeatedly punching his chest. "YOU ARE THE MOST DESPICABLE GUY I KNOW! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!"

"I-Itaii.." He winced in pain again and again but didn't move away. After some time, he grabbed my fists then set them down. He slowly wrapped his arms around my back and pulled me closer, embracing me in such a way I never imagined he would do. "I'm sorry, I did something so inappropriate last night. I just couldn't control myself, seeing you so close to me again.."

"Why?" It came out more as a whisper, I blinked away the tears that were threatening to fall from my eyes. I've always felt so great in his arms even though I knew he had caused me so much pain before.

Why was he acting like this? I couldn't understand. He was never like this. His actions.. His words.. He was too confusing..

"When I didn't stop you back then, when you said it was over, when you started avoiding me, when you wouldn't speak or even look at me.." He trailed off, tightening his embrace. "..I regretted everything. I shouldn't have let you go."