Chapter Three

Natalia watched more girls die until there were just five of them left, Yelena included. The pressure was starting to increase and so did the tension. She had to believe in herself. But she couldn't help but fear.

I won't let them kill you. If it ever comes to that, I will take you with me.

Natalia swallowed thickly at Loki's voice. She sighed and closed her eyes, trying to sleep. But sleep wasn't coming to her.

She opened her eyes and her hand reached beneath her mattress to take out the gold rose Loki gave her. It was a magic rose. It wasn't shriveled up nor did it age a day. She smelled it and smiled.

She began to wonder if he'd hear her if she spoke to him in her thoughts.

She tried anyway.

'Loki?'

Her voice sounded like an echo in her mind.

'Loki? ...When can I see you? I need to see you.'

It was silent and she was just about to give up & force herself to sleep when his voice came in.

He chuckled. It put a smile on her face. She loved just every sound he made. She loved everything about this man.

And for so long I thought a reply was impossible to transfer back to me.

'I can talk to you now.'

Now I don't feel like a fool, Natalia. Sometimes I believe you cannot hear me. All those words I said to you...

'I've taken every word to heart' she faintly smiled.

I'm glad. I want you on top.

'I know.'

A silent pause. Then he spoke, About you seeing me--

'Not in my dreams, Loki. I want to see you like when you gave me the golden rose.'  She twirled the rose in the dark.

Alright. He said. She could sense a smile in his voice.

A hand covered her mouth and her scream was muffled. She calmed down when a ball of light was formed in a hand and the light source reflected on Loki's face.

He put a finger on his lips and then he smirked.

She nodded and then removed his hand, seeing a happy smile on her face.

"Loki..." She didn't know what to say. Instead she trailed her hands down the green and gold armour he wore. She looked back up at him and leaned up to kiss him softly on his lips. His breath hitting her face reassured her that this was real. He groaned and deepened the kiss. Their lips separated softly and their foreheads pressed together.

"Stay with me?" She whispered.

"Here?" He didn't whisper. He used his normal voice.

She gasped, afraid that he'd wake the other girls. "Shush!"

He laughed and she smacked his shoulder. "They can't hear us. Not anymore."

"How?" She widened her eyes.

"Magic." He said softly before kissing her again. She melted into him and his touch was cold on her skin. She didn't let it disturb her though, she loved the feel of him.

She made him sit so that she straddled his hips. She didn't know what possessed her but she wasn't going to stop.

"Loki..." She gasped between kisses. He kissed her harder.

"Loki, I need you," she pulled her head back, "I want you." She threaded her hands into his hair. "Tell me that you feel the same way. Say you want me." The need between her legs was growing. She wanted him to be the first man to take her.

He sighed and leaned his head against her bosom. "Natalia."

She kissed the top of his head, and shivered as his hands firmly held her legs that were straddling him. "I cannot take you." He said softly, bringing his head back up. "I do want you." He cupped her face and kissed her. "I could take you now but I know where my principles lie."

She was young and persistent. But Loki didn't want to take advantage of her.

She smirked. "You really are modest, huh?" She teased.

He smiled. "Where I come from, they make sure to engrave modesty in you."

"This place, where you come from, what's it called?" She asked innocently.

He gave her a soft smile and kissed her on her delicate lips. "Asgard. I'll take you there, one day."

"I'm not so sure." She looked down with sad eyes.

He cupped her cheek and raised her head to him. He kissed her lips, her cheeks, her forehead, her eyelids, her nose until she was giggling. "Do you trust in me, my darling?"

"Yes." She said with no hesitation.

He grinned. "Then do be sure I will take you to this lovely place. I cannot wait to show you my rooms. Besides that though, is of course the gorgeous scenery. There is a lot of gold, so be used to that. Not a lot of colours besides that. Maybe some cream white, caramel and chocolate. But my brother wears a red cape. As I said, that colour always reminds me of you. It ruins it for me that my brother wears red, though. I try not to let it into my head."

She laughed and kissed his lips. "You talk too much."

He blushed and nervously chuckled. "Sorry." He looked down. "It...scares a lot of women off."

She smiled and raised his head in her hands. "I'm not scared off by that. It's endearing. Those women don't know how to appreciate a beautiful man."

He stared at her with a soft look in his eyes that pulled the strings of her heart.

She didn't want him to go. She wanted him to stay with her forever.

"I have to go." He said.

"Oh." She said in disappointment.

She got off him and sat on the bed. He rose to his feet, all tall and mighty. Like a prince. He smirked at her and took her hand to kiss the back of her palm. "My Lady." He winked at her before he vanished.

She remained still, her heart swelling.

She sighed in content and fell back into her bed.

And quickly sleep came to her.

She slept with a smile on her face.

The next day, the five girls aligned in the hall room. They stood up straight with their chins lifted up, real or fake fearlessness in their eyes. Ivan Petrovich, their handler, paced up and down along the shortened line. He was rubbing his chin as he observed them.

When he stopped his tracks by Yelena, Natalia clenched her jaw. She could imagine the blonde's heart beating fast and she wanted to hold her hand. But she stood tall and didn't even look at her.

"Take her." He told the guards.

Natalia's heart jumped in her throat and she watched as they took her away. She was strong. She didn't kick or scream. She simply followed as their roughly grabbed her by her arms.

Natalia made sure her eyes weren't coated with tears. Her face was blank just as the other girls. And in the eyes of the men in the room, Yelena didn't have a friend who'd miss her.

I can help. She heard Loki's voice.