Not Exactly Paradise

Inklings were enjoying all sorts of activities at Mahi Mahi Resort like playing volleyball or simply gazing at the ocean.

Team Blue was seated at the juice bar. Headphones looked towards the resort worriedly. "Where's Krystal and Rider?" She looked at her squidPhone. "I sent them a text..."

Suddenly, everyone gasped at the sight of the S4!

Specs almost spat out his fruit punch. He asked his friends in shock, "What the heck? The S4 are never together like this!"

Bobble Hat giggled. "Yeah, they hate fun. Especially that cutie Mask!"

Specs, Headphones, even Goggles looked at her as if she were crazy. They then returned their attention to the S4 who were approaching Rider's teammates!

With both hands, Skull grabbed Stealth Goggles by the shirt and asked angrily, "Where's Rider and that puny new girl? Shouldn't they be with you?"

Stealth was on the verge of tears. "No... They're hanging out... with the Blue Team."

"Hey!"

Skull and the other Inklings turned their heads to face you and Rider.

You continued angrily, "Put Stealth down! Now."

Army said in disgust, "It's you again..."

Skull snickered. He soon turned his attention to Rider. "Hey, Rider... I heard you let this twerp come live with you. I thought you were supposed to be tough. Not super soft."

Rider exclaimed, "I am tough! I... made her go to sleep without having any dessert!"

Goggles gasped. "No dessert..."

Specs did a face palm, Bobble Hat laughed, and Headphones ran to you and Rider and said, "Come on guys. Let's go to Blackbelly Skatepark."

You were about to protest when Mask said rudely,"Youuuuu should. Nobody wants you around here anwayyyyy."

You, Rider, and Headphones walked away angrily.

Aloha sang,"See you! Wouldn't wanna be you!"

You asked Rider and Headphones, "How can one group of Inklings be so horrid?"

Headphones replied,"They're the S4. I guess their cockiness gets the better of them."

You murmured to yourself,"Yeah. That makes sense..."

Rider put a hand on your shoulder and smiled slightly. "That's why we shouln't let them get to us, right?"

You were shocked at Rider's words that felt rather optimistic. But, you soon felt overjoyed. You nodded happily at Rider who once again ruffled your "hair".

At Blackbelly Skatepark, Bobble Hat and Goggles were riding their skateboards. You, Specs, Headphones, and Rider watched them from the tall structure in the middle of the skatepark.

You said in astonishment,"They make it look so easy..."

Specs said nervously,"Yeah... let's just hope Goggles doesn't...

RIP!

"Ruin the back of his clothes again..."

Goggles chuckled in mild embarrassment.

You asked in horror,"Are you alright?"

Goggles smiled brightly,"Never felt better!"

Rider frowned. "Did you dunk your head in a toilet or something? The whole backside of your clothes are ripped!"

Everyone tried to hold in the giggles. Rider sighed in frustration before stomping towards the plaza. "Guess I'll just have to get some new clothes for Goggles myself!"

You stopped laughing. You knew in your heart that you would feel empty inside if you weren't by Rider's side.

You shouted,"Rider! Wait! I'll come with you!"

Rider couldn't help but smile. "You're in love with me, aren't you?"

You froze completely. You asked sheepishly,"Is it that obvious?"

Rider smile grew a little bigger. "It was obvious from the very moment I saw you."

You never felt the extreme combo of excitement and embarrassment before. Rider took your hand. "Come on. We better get to Jelly Fresh before it closes."

You simply nodded.

Best day ever... You thought.