Chapter 7

Ever since what happened on the beach, their world feels much different, much scarier than it used to be. I can tell this changed Charles too. I know he misses Raven, but I don't say anything about her anymore. He's upset but he is just really good at hiding it. 

Raven's last words to me have stuck in my head: Take care of him. I haven't kept that promise much have I? He tries to make it seem like everything is ok but I know it isn't, I see right through his facade. All these thoughts are stuck in my head as I pace around his study. My thoughts are interrupted as he walks in. "y/n what are you doing in here?" He asks as he rolls his wheelchair over to his desk. "I just wanted to talk to you, Charles." He looks through some papers he had come in with. "Well hurry up, I have to review these papers, Hank thinks he found a way to get me legs working again." I look at him in shock, but I quickly turn skeptical. "What's the catch?" I ask him. 

"Oh don't worry, nothing we have to deal with at the moment." I decide not to have him explain it any further. I look down at my hands nervously, "What is on your mind darling?" He looks up from the papers and points at one of the chairs in front of his desk. "Well please don't interrupt me while I explain it, I'll give you a chance to speak after but until then just listen. So I wanted to talk about the fact that you think you're 'fine' because let me tell you, Charles I know your not," I say while adding air quotes, "You are clearly upset about Raven, open up to me Charles let me help." I say looking into his bloodshot eyes."You're in pain Charles." He looks away from me while saying "I'm fine." I shake my head, "Charles you're-" 

"I said I'm fine, y/n! Why can't you accept it! Do you want me to be upset, is that why you won't leave me alone?!" He yells. I shrink back in my seat slightly, not fearing him, but his reaction to what I am about to say. "I care about you, Charles! I want to know you are ok, can't you see that?! I just want to be here for you like I promised Raven, I said that I would take care of you! How can I keep that promise if you don't even trust me enough to talk to me!" I say, clearly frustrated. His expression softens as he says, "I do trust you." 

"So then talk to me." He sighs, "Fine, I just hate how it turned out. I wanted it to Erik and I on each other's side, I wanted to still have Raven with me. I didn't want to end up in some stupid wheelchair. I wanted to be better, I wanted to be here for you, not the other way around. Even though I know I have you here to help me, I just feel so alone." Tears start to soundlessly make their way down his cheeks. I soften my expression and walk around the desk, turning his chair to the side, and kneel in front of him with my hands on his knees. 

"You aren't alone Charles, I'll always be here for you, even if you don't want me," I say. He puts his hands on mine, still not looking at me. "I'll always want you." I reach one hand up and wipe the tears on his cheeks. He pats his lap, signaling me to sit. I get off the ground and sit down on his lap. He continues to cry, only this time into my chest wetting my shirt, but I don't care. "I love you," I whisper. He looks up with tear stand eyes, "I-I love you too." I put my hands on his cheeks, bringing him in, kissing him softly. I feel safe with him, he makes me feel whole again.

So I know it was a really long time that I took to write this chapter and I don't know if it is good or not so I hope it was worth your time. Love you guys so much and I am so thankful for all the support.~Static_Tears