- Chapter One -

- Hunk's POV -

It was one of those days, where no matter what I did or tried to do, I couldn't shake the sadness that was eating away at my mind. I tried seeking comfort and advice from Pidge and Lance, but they were always busy. Whether it was Pidge constantly working on new designs and technologies, or Lance flirting with Allura or Keith, yes you heard me, Keith.

I had always known that Lance was Bisexual, he came out to me when we first joined the Garrison. I honestly didn't care what sexuality any of my friends were, as long as they were happy, that made me happy. And that was the truth. But, I was surprised that he had started looking at Keith in a different light, than just a rival. It was pleasantly surprising.

But that's beside the point, even if my two closest friends weren't available to seek comfort out of, you would think I would go find someone to seek comfort like Princess Allura, Coran Her royal Advisor, or even Shiro our leader? Nope. I didn't like the idea of seeking out others for attention, it made me uncomfortable to say the least. If I had a problem that wasn't minor or simple, I kept it to myself. Yes, I know it's not healthy to do, but that's how it's usually been.

I had resorted to stress cooking, as my Nana would say. When I'm in a low state of mind or am dealing with a lot of anxiety or stress, then I cave and cook a lot or uncontrollable. I was currently sautéing some space goo with some space spices I had found at the space mall we had visited. The smell was divine, but I was just so lost that I hardly noticed it.

I laid out some plates and cups for the team to eat food off of. My mind was tumbling and going a million miles an hour. Should I seek comfort or advice from one of the team members? It seemed to be the right thing to do, but it also felt wrong... I don't know why. I know with the state I was in, that if I didn't do something, that I would resort to unhealthy and dangerous tactics to relieve myself of my troubles. I heard of many people who did self-harm or other forms of release that were extremely bad. I thought about it a few times, but I was scared of the pain. That's another thing... I was always a coward over silly things or even normal things.

Everyone else was so brave, while all I did was cower and cry over being scared. There have been a few times were the team would laugh or scold me for being scared. It was pathetic really. Being the Yellow Paladin, defender of the Universe, but being a big wuss. What kind of title is that to uphold?

I sighed again an tried to put a happy face on so I wouldn't dampen the others moods. I have to be the happy one in the group, because whenever I have been sad, everyone became agitated, sad, or grumpy. I didn't want that for anyone, especially my teammates, my friends... my family. They mean the world to me, and I would do anything to protect them and make sure they are happy and well.

I divided up the space goo into the small plates, and added some garlands for a nice touch. I wiped my hands on the cloth I was using, and stepped back to see my work. I wish I had more ingredients and materials to work with, I could make way better food than just space goo day in and day out. Occasionally, I would find some ingredients and food that could be used, but I save those for special occasions. Like Christmas, or even one of the team member's birthdays!

I smiled remembering that Pidge's Birthday was coming up soon, an I wanted to make it a huge surprise for her! She would be turning sixteen, and I wanted it to be extra special. Lance has given me a few ideas for what to do, and we have been collecting numerous decorations and items for her surprise party. Allura, Coran, Shiro, Matt, and Keith are all in on the surprise, and are helping out in anyway they can. Allura suggested on getting Pidge a dress for her to wear for her birthday. I remember she had mentioned that she used to wear dresses, but grew out of them because of her disguise for the Garrison. That was a log story altogether!

I turned and called out towards the main hallway connected to the living room, training room, and other various places that my friends could be. "Dinner is served!" I shouted, hoping the others could hear. My usually quiet voice didn't help with gaining attention to others, which was more of my weight and height that gained attention. I frowned but quickly shook it away. Now's not the time.

I turned at the thumping of feet echoing across the castle floors, and in ran Pidge, Lance, and Matt. Keith, Shiro, Coran, and Allura soon followed in a more reserved and quiet manner. I chuckled at the three who ran in as if their lives depended upon it.

"Wow Hunk, this looks amazing!" Pidge said immediately stuffing her face, goo all over her cheeks.

"Yeah, this is great Hunk! You've outdone yourself again my man." Lance said fist bumping me and soon following after Pidge.

Everyone soon sat down, as complimented the food, and the time that was spent on it. I blushed from the embarrassment. I wasn't used to getting attention from others, usually it was negative attention. I simply nodded and gave a polite 'thanks'. I soon sat down and ate my share of the food. Light talk floated around the table, and every now and then Lance and Matt would share jokes of family and friends, to give the group a few chuckles.

I was mid bite when the castle alarms went off. Everyone dropped their forks and napkins, and shoved away from the table to the main control area of the castle. My anxiety shot through the roof. Random things like this scare the Quiznak out of me, and make me sometimes have panic attacks, or not be able to think clearly. I was trying to control my breathing, and count from one to ten in my head.

We all made it to the main control room of the castle, and saw what was going on outside. The Galra were outside awaiting at our door, but strangely, they weren't firing or trying to end Voltron... weird. A message popped up on the wide screen in front of us, and Allura hesitantly accepted the call request.

----------------------------------------------------

- Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this book! This ship is so under appreciated, and I wanted to give it a little bit of love. Like, comment, and don't be afraid to share your thoughts and opinions on the story. I'm open to constructive criticism!

Bye!

- Crystal 💎