- Chapter Two -

- Hunk's POV -

A strikingly handsome Galra male answered the video call, and smiled. He had long, silky smooth, white hair that cascaded down his shoulders. He had yellow eyes that pierced through your soul, not in a scary way, but a charming way. He had a chiseled jaw, which could honestly cut diamonds. I felt my face go warm. What was happening to me? Why was I feeling this way? Was it because of how attractive this man was? I just looked at him, how on earth do you get that flustered with just looking at someone?! Relax Hunk, relax! Keep your cool, don't cause a scene.

"Greetings Princess Allura and Paladins of Voltron." Oh my gosh, his voice was smooth like silk, but yet had a strong tone that I couldn't place what it was... Was it s-sexy? No, I can't think like that! Bad Hunk!

"I am Prince Lotor the ruler and leader of the Galran Empire." He cleared his throat and continued. "I have come to negotiate peace offerings and ideas to stop this war that has raged on for too long." He smiled with confidence, his eyes shining with hope. Peace? What could possible end a war like this? A peace treaty would be false hope at this point, what could this guy possible have in mind?

Allura narrowed her eyes. I don't think she's had a good history with this Prince. "What peace offering do you want Lotor?" When she said his name, it sounded like she wanted to throw up. Yeah, besides the Empire as a whole, what did this guy do to make her so mad? Zarkon was the one to cause the trouble and problems in the first place, so why is she pinning all of Zarkon's mistakes and misdeeds onto Prince Lotor? Allura was a closed book, hard to read and understand from different standpoints. It was frustrating to say the least.

"I have come to offer the idea of alliance of Voltron, along with hundreds of other planets and groups, and the Galran Empire with the hand of marriage." Lotor explained with a calm face. Everyone stood with their jaws dropped except me.

"You getting married?!" Allura said fuming. "With one of us?!" She had advanced forward slightly.

"Yes, that is correct." Lotor smiled nervously. His usual calm and collected demeanor was replaced with a slightly worried and hurt one. I felt bad for the guy. He was only trying to stop a war, and having someone insult you like that can be hard enough as is.

"I certainly am not marrying you." Allura said with confidence.

"I'm sorry Lotor, but I have to decline." Pidge said shaking her head no.

Lotor nodded ad looked around the room awaiting another response.

"Sorry but no, my heart is already taken buckaroo." Lance said jabbing his finger towards Keith. His eyes went wide and face turned red as soon as he realized he had said that. "WAIT I MEAN-." Lance said covering his face in embarrassment.

Keith was a blushing mess, and everyone else was in shock. Whelp that just happened I thought to myself. "Way to go Lance!" I said clapping my hands and trying to be supportive of the poor guy. He just outright confessed to everyone that he likes Keith.

Speaking of Keith, he had walked over, grabbed Lance by the collar of his shirt and slammed his lips against Lance's. Pidge, Shiro, Matt and I were cheering them on, and Pidge was going on and on about her Fanfiction she was going to write. I laughed at her comment.

Lance was wide eyed and red. Keith was blushing and chuckling all the while Lance was hiding his face in Keith's shirt. "I love you too Sharpshooter." Keith said while pecking the top of Lance's head.

"Sorry but I'm taken too." Keith said grinning at Lotor. Lotor laughed while clapping.

"Congratulations you two on the accepting of each other's feelings!" He said. "You have my blessings of well-being and prosperity."

"Thank you." Keith said smiling.

Lotor turned to the rest of us. "Anyone else?"

Matt declined and so did Shiro. Coran shook his head politely saying no.

That just left me. Everyon's eyes were on me. I felt small and helpless. My breathing increased. Crap.

"U-um, I uh." I said stuttering. I wanted to say yes, but what would the others think of me? Allura would be disgusted, and I would be kicked out of Voltron because of it. I took a deep breath and looked Lotor straight in the eyes.

"I will marry you, Prince Lotor."
----------------------------------------------------

- Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the second chapter of 'A Flower Among Thorns'! Leave a like, comment, and let me know what you think of the story so far! Love y'all! Bye!

- Crystal 💎