2

Peter’s alarm woke him up, causing a groan to come out of the boy’s throat. A spider scuttled across the bedside table and turned it off. His eyes flickered open and his hand reached out for the beautiful white spider to delicately crawl onto his palm.

"Thanks Camilla."

His soul animal spoke across their bond.

"Wake up Peter don't go back to sleep. You've got school."

"You're worse than my Mother is."

"PETER! GO AND SHOWER!"

Speak of the Devil. Peter groaned and opened his eyes, getting up to head into his en suite. Camilla jumped from his hand and scuttled over the sink to rest in a damp corner. He watched her momentarily before turning the jet of water on and waiting for it to heat up. Once steam was coiling around the ceiling, Peter stripped off and slipped into the shower. The water was relaxing and a smile crossed the teen's face before it dropped slightly as a echoing, almost glowing voice bounced off the tiles.

"I hope Eugene and that monster isn't in today."

"Camilla, you're safe. I won't let that thing hurt you again."

Last week, Flash Thompson's soul animal had attacked his own. In the form of a Rottweiler, it had stalked Camilla as she rested by the window in the form of a falcon. Screaming had filled the air and Peter had collapsed. He could feel Camilla's pain echoing through his own body. He had nearly blacked out before the teacher had managed to separate the animals. Peter had gotten the next two days off school.

"Just.. Don't be in any form bigger than a spider. He can't reach you if you're on my shoulder."

He started shampooing his hair before peering at the glistening spot on the sink. It was all he could see of her through the steam.

"If you change form you can come and get a hug."

He started rinsing his hair before feeling something nudging his ankle. He looked down to see a beautiful silver-white fox on the floor. He knelt down and opened his arms, holding her softly against his chest. His murmured promises to keep her sake weren't needed when the door cracked open and his Father's voice echoed through.

"Peter, you won't be going into school today."

"Because of Flash?"

"No... Peter the omegas had an assembly right?"

"Yea. Vigilance. Move around public places with alphas. If you find yourself alone in a dark place, hide and call an alpha for help."

Omega kidnappings were at an all time high. Just the other week, Gwen Stacy had been taken from her bed as she slept.

"Well, your Mother and I are getting worried. You're going to go stay with Uncle Ben and Aunt May."

"New York? Really? Isn't that where the kidnappings are at the highest?"

"At the moment, omegas that have had children are the target. You'll be fine. So when you get out, get dressed and get packed."

So they were getting his Mother out. Camilla nuzzled his cheek and he kissed her forehead. It was amazing the comfort she gave him.

"Understood. Hey Dad?"

"Hmm?"

"What's the feeling you get before your first heat again?"

"Ask your Mother when you're ready."

The door shut and Peter gave Camilla a tight hug before shooing her out and finishing his hair.