I Cried

Summary: Takes place during the time at the Garrison when they return to Earth, Keith playing the guitar in his room, not realizing that Lance is listening through the door. 

Keith slammed the door to his dorm room in frustration, not knowing that his right hand man was trying to help. Keith and Allura had gotten into a really bad argument about how to approach certain issues as a team, not just making sudden decisions alone. Even though the guy had matured during his time in the abyss, his friends still thought of him as the lone wolf. 

The Black Paladin punched the wall in anger. Even though the princess had angered him, he had brought up the fact that Keith had left Voltron originally for the Blades, again. Just like she had, back when they were stuck in space. But he had his own reasons as to why that was what pissed him off the most. 

With a sigh, Keith went over to his couch and picked up his guitar, strumming the strings. This surprised Lance on the other side of the door, how come he was able to hear the instrument?

But what surprised him even more, was when he heard Keith's voice. 

The night before I left
I walked him to the door to say goodbye
And I cried
I cried
So many tears I cried

As Lance listened to the verse, he wondered what this meant. And who was him?  

I've never ever felt so sad
I've never been in so much pain
Never ever felt so bad
Eyes looked like they're pouring rain

Wait, was Keith singing about leaving Voltron to go to the Blades? And who did he cry over?

I didn't know what to say
Everything felt so wrong
So I picked up my guitar and wrote him this song

The song was honestly making Lance's heart hurt. Who the hell had made him so upset when he had left? And who was this guy that he keeps bringing up?

The night before I left
I walked him to the door to say goodbye
And I cried
I cried, I cried
I cried, I cried
So many tears I cried  

Lance found himself on the floor, with his back against Keith's door. Listening to the Black Paladin's song, it really made him wonder who he had cried over. And this person clearly meant a lot to Keith. Was it Shiro? Probably not, the way the song had described this mysterious person, it sounded like he had romantic feelings towards him. Couldn't be Hunk, they were friends but not extremely close. Not Coran, he obviously really annoyed Keith. Pidge and Allura were girls, and Keith never took interest in them romantically. 

So that only left Lance. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. There was no way, not in a million years. There couldn't be any possible way that Keith quiznacking Kogane was into him romantically. But he was the only possible one that it could really be.

"How much did you hear?" Lance heard a voice behind him, and when he turned, he saw Shiro looking at him as well as the door worriedly. 

"All of it, and I don't know how to respond to it." The Cuban whispered, leaning back against the door once more.