/2/

(a/n: every chapter will be written in carter's pov unless stated otherwise)

it was soon the end of the day and i was waiting in the english classroom for the bell to ring.

justin was nowhere to be seen, so i was alone. that was until aiden popped out of nowhere and scared the shit out of me.

"howdy!" he shouted as he flew across my vision. "fuck", i muttered quietly.

"how's life, buddy?!" he asked rather loudly.
"uhm, okay i guess?" i said.

"so," he began again, dragging out the 'o'. "how's your day going?" he said, stopping right in front of me. "fine?" i said hesitantly. "nice," he replied, becoming quiet. soon the bell rang for last class, making the midget move out of my way.

me and justin walked karen's classroom. we sat down in our assigned seats, sadly across the room from each other. but the class passed by quickly. soon enough the class ended and we quickly left the classroom after hearing the dismissal announcements.

i started walking to the bus when i felt a hand clamp on my shoulder. i turned around to see rylee. confusedly i took a step back, being cautious around her.

"hey, someone wanted me to give you this," she said, holding out a note. "thanks," i said, making my statement sound more like a question. she gave me a forced smile and walked off. i stood there for a moment in though, but was snapped back onto reality upon hearing the bus horn blaring, probably directed at me.

i quickly regained my composure and got on the bus, sitting in my usual seat in the back. alone.