☞ o n e; the stranger ☜

| A l e x i s |

        One word.

Acting.

I craved it. I worshipped it and I was an actress. Getting cameo roles, being a guest star or just having a smart part at being an extra in the back of a scene or two.

I was actually in the middle of an audition right now.

“You killed his soul, you killed his future, and you killed his life. You monster.” I raise my voice at Emily, the partner I was assigned to.

“I’m not the monster here. I may be a beast on the outside but I sure am not on the inside like you are. You caused pain to him, you’re the one who pushed him out of life. The one who caused his presence to me. You can’t hide your façade or identity any longer, Lana. We all know your dirty little secret.” She huffed at me.

I didn’t have to look up at the script to know my next line. I grabbed her by the arm and pinned her against the wall aggressively, just hard enough to seem real.

“How dare you think you know my life? Who do you think you are?” I growled at her.

“And scene!” one of the judge yells out from the back.

I gently release my partner and give her a quick smile.

“You were great.” She said. Of course I was. I’ve been practicing for this role for two weeks now.

“Thanks, you were too.”

“Alexis Brooks, one of the leading stars of To be or to not. Is that correct?” one of the judges gives me a  smile familiar with my works.

“Correct indeed.” I reply.

“Outstanding performance.” She clapped her hands.

“I try.” I playfully bowed.

“We’ll call you when the casting is all set and if you got the role or not.” She assured me.

“Alright. Thanks.” I slinged my bag over my shoulder and grabbed my water bottle. I waved at all of them before heading out the door.

I totally nailed that one! I was bound to get the part of Lana in no time. Well I can’t get my hopes too high but I just feel full of excitement and fired up after that scene.

----

I can’t believe I ever laughed at anyone from the acting industry before. At the age of 16, I was that rebelish teen who just wanted to be left alone with her music and laptop. I really wanted to be a singer that time. I didn’t have the right voice for it though. Until I was getting older and took a lot of improv and theatre, I realized acting is where I’m meant to be. Now at the age of (almost) 21, I was on fire with all these parts and role. I even had a huge part of Ally Webster in this teenish chicklit series; To be or to not. The show is finally doneafter 2 years of production though and I was all free and had to basically end my second life.

Second life.       

That brings me back memories when I was this anti-social fangirl of bands and boys.  I mean I’m still kind of anti-social in real life when I’m not on the big screen. I was a huge blogger and that girl who saved thousands of pictures of her idols hoping I would marry them one day. I read fanfics and wrote my own stories on this website called Wattpad. I guess the internet at that time was basically where I could express myself.

There were a lot of people who made me happy especially 5sos. I was mostly in that fandom. I loved those boys and I knew I would remember them for the rest of my life. And I did. They just sort of faded away from me at some point and I’ve given on hopes realizing why am I even doing this kind of stuff?