Chapter 18

I finished packing my last box, dad had let me skip my last few days of school so I could pack. Mom was coming to pick me up in an hour, Lexie had already come and said her goodbyes, even Hannah came and apologized. I heard a car pull up and I grabbed my bag heading outside, I watched Sam get out of a car, her mom remaining in the drivers side. "What do you want?" "what happened to your hands?" I looked down at the bandages covering my knuckles. "Doesn't matter. If your here to apologize I don't want to hear it, we're done" I spat. My mom pulled up and looked over at us. "I came to say goodbye, and I know I messed up and I am sorry Des!" I looked away, I hate seeing her cry. "Goodbye Sam" I mumbled, I loaded my things into the car. "Des" "what!" she kissed me lightly, "I love you" she whispered. She ran and got into her car, I watched Samantha Kart drive away, I just watched. Hugged Dad and Jack goodbye, and got into the car.

Neither of us spoke for a long time. "We fly to California tomorrow, I already got us a house and you a councilor" "why do I bed a councilor?" "to help you deal with this lesbian faze, you need to get over this cause this isn't who you are" I just glared at her. "Well then you obviously know nothing about me" I spat.

Just two years, then I can go to college and be done with her. I know I won't ever see Sam again, bit maybe that's a good thing. Nothing can last forever, and I guess me and Sam were just not meant to be. This is a new chapter in my life, and I got to do the best I can with what I got.