II

無人島に取り残された初日 ...

We were terribly ambushed by an armed fleet plotting to destroy one of Leindenschaftlich's maritime trading port. And during the battle, there had been a huge storm where it sent both allies and enemies into the coastal seas. Our ship had stranded and my remaining comrades and I had arrived at a deserted island where I found this mysterious girl who'd presumably been orphaned or had suffered an accident like ours.

I had concluded that the girl was unable to speak nor read, and the only words she could understand was "kill". My understanding with her was that I would take her back to Leiden with me, and hand her over to my brother instead as I do not want anything to do with this monster who'd mercilessly slaughtered my remaining companions who had survived the naval sinking.

ディートフリート, Naval Captain
Approx. 16:40 past noon

I looked over my shoulder to find the man again. This time with a small square with pages of leaves stuck to it. He was holding a small stick and was busy scratching on the surface of one of the leaf. Now that I've come to look at him more closely, I truly found him attractive with his long hair pulled back into a braid with a blue ribbon. His eyes were like the shade of an emerald's, but at a lighter shade - lime.

He stopped scratching when he caught my eyes with his.

"What?" His brows raised.

My gaze moved from his eyes to the small square and stick he was holding in his hands. It was oddly put together, yet it felt as if it was meant to be one when I reached out and touched the square. "It's called a book, and the things inside are called papers. We have a lot of these in Leiden. Maybe one day I can show you." He explained.

"And this, is called a pencil," he showed me the thin stick he'd held in his hands.

"Pencil ..," I repeated, and stared at the object as it was transferred to my hands from his. A sense of shivering feeling enveloped me, but I'd set that aside when he said, "this is not an object you could use to kill things with -"

I threw the pencil, and it landed on an insect ; a mosquito, to be exact, those renowned bloodsuckers that was just several inches away from his cheek, and struck it. The pencil's tip was red with the insect's blood as the man pulled the object away from it.

"Well, I suppose you could use it that way," his shoulders shrugged helplessly. He then handed me the book, "If you cannot speak, try drawing instead. Maybe it'll help me to understand you better in a way of graphics." He said.

I stared at the blank page he'd flipped open for me. When I looked at him again, he gave me an encouraging nod and handed me the pencil. Its tip was still sticky with blood, but I used it as the colour of the ocean, and I drew the brown-coloured box they had arrived in.

"That's a ship," He said, "that is what my fellow comrades and I used to come here."

I drew a big question mark on top of the ship, as if to ask why.

"We shipwrecked,"

When I only gave him a look of confusion, he sighed, and said, "Our ship was attacked by enemies. It made our ship sink," he performed a small demonstration as if to explain how the ship sank, and how it came to the island and how he found me.

"If I asked you to kill, would you kill for me?" He spoke up softly.

"I...I..."

"There they are!"

.......................................

Quick message from emoweebs to readers ;

"KEVIA ISN'T INNOCENT, YESH YESH,"

Well, technically, I am. That is - if she had not spoken about the obscurities of chapter twelve in class. ;) sorry, emoweebs !