May | II

"___!" Kate squealed as she walked through the door. Your best friend was very eccentric.

"Hi Kate," You sat up in your hospital bed, the IV cords brushing against your arm.

"Oh my gosh, I cannot believe you witnessed a restaurant eploding! That must have been so scary." She sat down in a plastic chair next to your bed. "And your hot hero-of-a-date went back to save a poor old man, that's so romantic." Kate covered her heart and batted her eyes.

You rolled your eyes. "Yeah, except I was terrified he wouldn't come back out."

Kate's face lit up. "Oh, how was that? What happened?"

"Well," You shifted your pillow. "The fire alarm went off and then we started to exit. We left the restaurant and then we heard someone screaming about their dad stuck in the bathroom. Well, Peter couldn't stand it and he ran back inside-"

"Oh come off it," Kate laughed. "You're skipping over the good stuff. Surely he looked you in the eyes and kissed you before he left you. And did you call out his name?"

You blushed. "Okay fine, yeah, he did kiss me and I did try to run after him but I tripped. And then the building exploded and I got cut everywhere and I guess smoke got into my system."

"Wow..." Kate sighed. "You're life is so much more exciting than mine."

"Yeah... I guess..." You said. You wanted to see Peter again. Reliving the experience had made you realize once again how close you had been to losing him.

"So where is your boyf now?" Kate glanced around as if expecting him to be here.

"He's getting takeout."

"Is that allowed in here?"

You smiled. "No, but I'm so sick of the food here."

"You haven't even been here for three days." Kate opened her phone.

"Yeah. And I get let out tonight. I cannot wait."

"Why wasn't Peter kept this long? Didn't the smoke hurt him?"

"Miraculously not too much. They had him stay for a day and a half but he left for Hollywood yesterday morning. He got back last night and came to see me."

Kate didn't answer. She was staring at her phone.

You waited a minute. "Come on Kate, did you come here to talk to me or stalk someone's Instagram?"

She didn't look up. "___, look at this." She held out her phone.

You peered over the screen and saw a picture of Peter. "Who's Instagram is that on? He told me he didn't have one."

"This is Tom Holland." Kate looked up. "Doesn't it look a lot like your boyfriend? Gosh, they could be dopplegangers."

You got out your phone and searched up Tom Holland's Instagram. The pictures of the celebrity were unnaturally similar to the ones you took of your boyfriend.

"Oh, and look at this one, doesn't Peter have this jacket?" Kate showed you a picture of Tom in a brown sweatshirt.

"Yeah, I remember you complimenting it." You remarked.

You continued to scroll through his feed.

"Where did Peter say he was from?" She asked.

You knew where this was going. "London, but don't get started on this, because Tom Holland still lives there. Peter lives here, in the US."

Kate shook her head. "But Tom Holland is an actor. Doesn't Peter work on a film set?"

"Yeah, but-"

"And look, has he ever showed you a picture of his dog?"

"Yes, she's a-"

Kate shoved a picture in your face of Tom Holland and a familiar dog.

"Blue Staffy..." You finished.

Kate was looking ravenous. "Dude, you're dating a celebrity." She said.

You knew she was joking but you could tell she was not going to drop it.

"Come off it, I'm dating Peter Smith." You laughed.

"Well okay..." She said.

Eventually Kate had to leave. But she promised she would visit you at your house soon.

You turned on your phone to see if Peter was anywhere close with your food, but you saw your lock screen and frowned. It was a picture of you and Peter on the couch.

And Peter did look remarkably like Tom Holland.