Chapter 7

The empousai stood around Percy. Somehow, they had managed to ambush him, 6 vampire ladies forming a rough circle.
Kelli, standing right opposite to him, limped forward. Her fiery hair burnt across her shoulders like a miniature phlegethon waterfall. Her tattered cheerleader outfit was splattered with rust-brown stains, and Percy was quite sure it wasn't ketchup. She fixed her glowing red eyes on him, bering her fangs.
"Percy Jackson" she cooed. "How awesome, I don't even have to return to the mortal word to kill you"

Percy recalled how dangerous Kelli had been the last time they fought in the Labyrinth. Despite those mismatched, donkey-bronze legs, she could move fast when she wanted to. She 'd dodged his sword strikes and would have eaten his face if Annabeth hadn't stabbed her from behind.

Now she had four friends with her.

Percy tried to think. He was ready to fight, but he was empty handed, in no shape for battle, and had no place to run. No help coming.
Briefly, Percy considered calling Miss O'leary, his hellhound friend who could shadow travel. But even i she did hear him, would she even make it into Tartarus? This was where dead monsters go when they die, what if it killed her? Or worse, she might turn back to her natural state as a fierce monster.
No... He couldn't to that to his dog.

"So," Percy started, maybe he could buy some time by stalling. "I bet you're wondering what I'm doing here in Tartarus"

Kelli snickered "Not really, I just want to kill you"

Nevermind, trickery wont work either.

Kelli barred her teeth. "Do you know how annoying it is to be vaporised? Slowly reforming, fully conscious, in searing pain for months and years as your body re-grows, then finally breaking the crust of this hellish place, clawing your way back to the daylight? All just because of someone like you?"
she bent over, getting ready to pounce. "I wonder what happens when a demigod dies in Tartarus, I doubt its ever happened before. Let's find out"

Kelli lunged, and percy rolled sideways. He grabbed a handful of gravel, black shards of glass, and flung it into her eyes. She wailed in pain "don't just stand there idiots, Attack him!"

Two other empousai Launched themselves onto Percy, one on either arm. He tried to shrug them off, flailing to try and get his arms free, but to no avail. They sank their talons into his arms, making it virtually impossible to get out. Another one jumped on his back

That was it, Percy's luck had finally run out. Kelli pulled out a shard of glass from under her eye. Sneering, she savoured her moment of triumph. The other two empousai circled around him, their mouths slathering, eager for another taste of demigod.

Kelli let out a laugh. A shrill, cold sound that filled the air. "And this is the end of the famous Percy Jackson, is it? Is that all you've got, Fish? I would have expected revenge to be much more dificult than this"

Percy struggled against the empousai holding him back ,staring defiantly at their leader. He was going to die, and honestly, he didn't really care. He just wanted to make sure he hurt these monsters as much as he could before he went down.

"Any last words, Percy?" Kelli flashed a fanged smile.

He opened his mouth to say something withering, But was cut off by a deafening cry.

A shadow fell across Percy, and a titan fell onto the fields of Tartarus.

**
Hi guys, I'm back. I really hope y'all are still reading this fic. I procrastinated this for an entire year, I'm so sorry.
Anyways, here's a chapter that i just wrote, its probably not as good as the others, but I'm really working on getting back in the groove.
please leave reviews so i know how i can improve.