Chapter one

(Leilani pov)
I wake up to the sound of my alarm *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* the one sound I dread every morning because it means I have to leave my bed and go to my shitty ass school full of kids who all dislike me, you may be asking Leilani your such a gorgeous girl who can hate you and aw thanks guys, but no lots of the idiotic morons at my school hate me and I think I've narrowed it down to two reasons one cause they don't like to see me succeed in my school while they fail, or two because I'm kinda a mostly friendless loser nerd but high school statuses don't matter to me cause they won't matter in a few years just you watch me be some of these morons boss one day. But enough about my school social life your here to hear the story of when Brody Santiago moved next door ok so here it is.

Summer break one of my least favourite times you see I love school i know it sounds weird but I do I love being there it's kinda an escape from the rest is my shitty life, although I don't love the bullying or the loneliness or the students I do however love the learning and the material. So you could say I throughly hate summer break this one just got interesting. The Martinos who were the family who have lived next door to mine for what feels like forever just sold there house, there was apparently some big family emergency overseas while I am sad there gone cause we were close it might be nice to get a change around this small shitty town just outside of Malibu.

Fast foward three days.

Today's the day the new neighbours move in and mum wants me to greet them with a gift basket. "Leilani the gift basket on the dinning table that's to welcome the new neighbours could you please give it to them I have a very important business meeting to attend to" she yelled from the shower at me. "Sure mum" Ever since I was thirteen it has just been my mum and me, my father was an abusive drunk who used to spend every hard earned cent my mum maid on alcohol,whores and gambling then he'd come home and abuse the crap out of my mother and I. One day mum got up the courage and we went to the police then we moved out of state we still occasionally get a phone call from him apologising but we've learnt not to answer it cause we are in a better place now the past is behind us. I see a car pull up the drive way next door I guess that's my queue. I run up the hall to my room and change out of my sweats into my red velvet crop top and my black mini skirt paired with my black velvet heels as I'm changing I hear my mum yelling "the new neighbours just moved in hunni I'm going to my business I'll be back as soon as I can I love you" she yells " I'll just finish changing then I'll go over to the neighbours I'll see you when you get home i love you too" and with that I hear the door shut. I come out of my room and grab the gift basket and head out the front door.
*Why am I so nervous, it's just new neighbours they don't bite Leilani*
I walk up the path and knock on the door
*knock* *knock* *knock*
A tan skin middle aged women answers. "Yes can I help you dear" She says politely " Hi I'm Leilani I'm your neighbours my mother sent me over to give you this and welcome you to our neighbourhood" " oh how thoughtful of you please come in" she's says as she leads inside her home.
"You have a lovely home miss...?" "Oh dear please just call me Maria" "ok then you have a lovely home Maria" and with that I heard her yell "BRODY" "BRODY" "come down stairs please" she yells up the stair well " I'm coming what do you want now" I hear a voice yell back. Then I saw him standing at the end of the stairs in nothing but his boxers I thought I was going to faint. His caramel skin his massive abs am I dreaming I question this is too good to be true.