Prologue

I've always been the kind of person that believed everything in life should be fair; that life is meant for us to make mistakes and learn from; to be happy, to fall in love, or to meet new people. Life is a gift. It's a chance to discover but it shouldn't be taken for granted as it often is forgotten that to be alive this very moment, is a precious gift in itself. 

Looking up at the sky, I grip the chains that hold up the swing set, as a cool breeze of air sends my hair fluttering back. The touch of the metal becomes icy, strange and... Cold, but not the type you'd associate with weather. I stick my hands in my pockets, trying to feel secure in the dusk. Even the stars seem cruel, gleaming like blades against the blackness of the sky.

Suddenly, I jolt back. You know when you feel like there's a presence behind you? That feeling when someone is breathing up the hairs of your neck?

I spin around in defense, but between the mists and shadowed playground equipment, there is nothing. I steady my breath and try to calm the panic I feel rising in my chest. The silence gets too eerie, so I start humming some song. I'm not sure where I first heard the song, but the melody is comforting and soon I'm forgetting the coldness; warmth enveloping me the way a lullaby does to a child.

Everything is okay, but in a minute I spring up from my swing- another voice whispering the song into my ear! Just settle down, I tell myself. It's probably anxiety. I've always been prone to panic anyways. Too slowly, the other voice dies out, leaving me with a haunting feeling. I hold my arms hard against myself, snuggling their way to safety in my coat. I can't even sit outside on a swing set without my mind playing tricks on me. Crazy- that's what I decide to call myself.

"Hey," someone greets. For the third time I spring up, nearly whacking a kid in the face. He ducks swiftly.

"I'm sorry," I manage to get out of my mouth, "you just scared me, being evening and all in this creepy place."

"Nah," he says, taking a seat in the swing beside me. "You just looked lonely."

"Uhh....thanks," I mumble, certain this kid is a hoodlum. He is wearing a denim jeans; mud caked on the seams, and ratted. His shirt is black; intricate designs creeping up like ivy, over his shoulder. A gem that I don't know the name of, is studded on his bracelet.

"Who are you anyways?"

He laughs, which kind of creeps me out, because whatever humor there is in the question, I can't detect it. He sees the look on my face and quickly resumes his calm demeanor.

"Who am I? I thought you might recognize me, perhaps."

I give his face a good stare. It's a bit hazy, foggy... disconnected...well something I can't explain. I can't even decide what color his eyes, skin, or hair are. But there is something comforting, like a childhood memory, written within his image; not that that means anything.

"I don't," I say firmly.

"You broke my heart kitten," he chuckles, a strange smile curling on his lips. 

"Cameron Ryder." He grins, offering his hand to me. 

"Sophia Taylor." I smiled and shook his hand.

The scene changed and now I was standing on the beach and what I saw in front of me broke my heart into million pieces.

"Do you, Cameron Joseph Ryder, take Anna Christian Taylor to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

Cameron smiles. His green eyes are bright and sparkling. I can even see it from where I'm standing

"I do," he replies, easily. 

"And do you, Anna Christian Tyler," the priest turns to Anna with a smile that crinkles the corner of his eyes, "take Cameron Joseph Ryder to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," she whispers.

"Then, I now pronounce you man and wife," the priest announces, with a huge smile on his face. "You may now kiss your bride."

Cameron pulls her closer until their lips meet. The world stops and the only thing I can hear are the sound of cheering and applause coming from the crowd.

Tears were sliding down my checks as I begin to run away from the beach. Rain drop fell from the sky, reflecting my torment soul.

"Why is this so painful?"

The nagging pain in my guts expands, clawing at the boundaries of the raging empty holes inside me.

I shoot up straight, covered in sweat and pulsating breaths. Trying to get a sense of where I was, I come to a conclusion. I was in the ward; this part wasn't a dream. The rest was a terrible nightmare. Images flashed through my head all at once, like a gory kaleidoscope. Lowering my body back into a laying position, I stared at the ceiling, thinking about my life and my dream of becoming the next big thing in the music industry.

There is one obstacle separating me from achieving my dreams and that obstacle is the Hollywood Princess herself.

Anna Taylor! 

My Twin Sister!

___________

Rony Hashem

Faking Stardom

©2014, Rony Hashem

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. this book contains material protected under international law.Any unauthorized reprint or use this material is prohibited. No part of this books may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means electronic or mechanical, including photocopying recording or by any information storage and retrieval system without express writtern permission from the author/publisher

This book is a work of fiction and any resemblance to any person, living or dead, any place, events or occurrences is purely coincidental. The characters and story lines are created from the author's imagination and are used fictiotiously.

Copyright © 2014-2015 StarStruck, All Rights Reserved.

-Rony.