➸ Prologue

"The sun beams down as the August gale breezes through the trees, warm streams of sunlight glower through the leaves and cracks of branches and shine down on one particular window. Through the glass was a bedroom, clothes strewn across the floor from the previous night where a certain sixteen year old rummaged through her closet for an expensive and fancy uniform she bought a month before. Why? Well, she was one of the five students admitting to a private academy-- World Academy.

She was one of the very few ordinary humans enlightened with this fact; humans representing countries through stereotypes and growth. Now, you may suspect that she was utterly nervous to be around such unique and important people.

Though, the only thing on her mind was upsetting "uncle" Himaruya-- and some burgers for an afternoon snack. Yes, snack."

Ring.

That was the sound of the alarm ringing-- for probably the fifth time in a row since five in the morning. Esme, a dainty girl with her under-average curves laid sprawled in her bed. Her chestnut locks streamed across the bed sheets, she moaned in annoyance at the sound of the alarm, hoping it'd disappear. After a few minutes she grew utterly desperate for the noise to stop and lazily leaned over the bed and reached towards her phone on the bedside table.

She tasted her own morning breath on her lips and grimaced, she fixed her hazy vision on her phone and read: 7:34AM.

Her hazy and lazy eyes and widened in shock as she scrambled out of bed and raced towards the bathroom. She fumbled through the hallways, catching her eleven year old brother giving her a weird, creeped-out look as she frantically struggled opening the bathroom door. "Hold your horses I'm on the toilet!" her father announced, she groaned in disgust and ran downstairs towards the second bathroom.

"Es, I tried waking you up earlier but--" her mother tried to inform from the kitchen but Esme cut her off; "Yeah, okay-- whatever!" she said quickly before disappearing into the bathroom across the kitchen and the stairs. She locked the door and began to get her morning routine done as soon as possible.

Twenty minutes later she still had shampoo stuck in her hair and was gripping onto her towel as she raced back up stairs towards her bedroom. She locked the door behind her and started getting dressed, clothes were already strewn across the floor but her uniform was neatly folded on top of her dresser-- she left it the night before, along with the strewn clothes.

Why she had bought such an expensive uniform a month before was something she was too busy to explain in her own mind as she tugged on the red plaid skirt with its thick suspenders that contrasted over the white dress shirt. She pulled on a pale beige knitted vest with the World Academy logo embroidered onto the right side, just over the heart. She slipped on her black leggings that went up to her thighs and quickly put on her brown flats. She fetched a hair tie, holding it between her teeth as she pulled her hair into a ponytail. She quickly tied it up and grabbed her school-bag, racing out her bedroom door and down to the kitchen where her mother, (step)father and little brother sat at the kitchen table.

"C'mon Dad! We need to get there before I miss the ceremony!" Esme exclaims as she grabs a buttered toast from her brother's plate and keeps it in her mouth, frantically looking for milk in the fridge.

"Hey! Did you see that? She stole my toast!" Andrew, her little brother said accusingly. Their mother gently hit the small boy with a spatula on his head. He continued to protest, only to remain silent as the older woman gave him a warning look.

"Es, you're entering their second-semester, its not an entrance ceremony. Such weird customs, Himaruya sure likes to make things cultural in his school." her mother said as she turned towards the pancakes that she was making on the stove, Esme gave her mother a disapproving look. Her parents seemed a bit uncomfortable with the fact that there are humans representing themselves as countries; they're always acting like the representatives aren't human but abnormal. Even if Esme hasn't met them yet, she understands-- just like Himaruya-- that the representatives are still, and have always been, human. If anything, they are extraordinary.