Chapter Three: The Failed Mission

I know! I am so sorry! I had writers’ block causing me to neglect this story for a while, but no more. Here is an update!

Zero POV:

Where was I? How long has it been? Minutes, hours, days, months, years; how long have I been trap here? What was my reason for coming here? Why do I feel the need to escape? I am tired, so tired. I hear voices…

He is strong…”

But it is over now, he has succumbed.”

Opening my eyes, I lifted my head to observe my surrounding. I was lying on something squishy and warm, sand. Hearing waves crashing I looked and saw a body of water; getting to my feet, I stood up and looked around wondering what I was doing. I know the body of water is called a sea and that I was on the beach. I did not know why I was on the beach, or how I got there. More importantly, who was I?

Hehehe, he has succumbed…succumbed.”

I twisted around looking for the person who said that. The voice sounded from inside my head. Did I say it? My heart started to beat in fear; the voice was making my skin crawl.

“Is someone out there? Hello?” I called, swallowing audibly.

Out there…. Hello hello…” The skin crawling voice echoed my words back to me. On the silent beach where the only sound heard was the crashing wave, the voice felt loud like thousand people were screaming all at once. I needed to escape, or I would go insane.

Insane…”

“Stop it!” I shouted, picking up as much speed as I could.

Itit…”

It didn't matter how long I ran or where I ran, I could never escape the voice. No matter how fast and hard I ran the sound of the wave and the squishy sand under my feet was always there. After running for hours, I finally crashed and lay down flat on my back.

Succumbed, he has!”

“Please stop,” I pleaded pathetically, silently begging the voice to stop torturing me.

StopStop!” the voice continued.

Lying face flat in the sand, I gripped my head. “Stop, please!” I cried holding my hands over my ears.

PleasePlease.” My breathing came in and out sporadically; I was terrified.

“Make it stop…” I cried screaming my head off just to stop the voice. If only I could stop hearing it.

“…ro,” something touched me. It was cold, making me shiver in terror. My screaming got louder as I gripped my head in fear.

“Zero…” the cold touched shook my shoulders. “Zero, it’s okay.”

“Just stop!” I whimpered. “Please.”

“Zero, calm down, you are safe now.” This time the voice sounded soothing.

“Aurora, the pendant; give me Zero’s pendant.” I heard rustling and then a cold hand touched my skin. “Zero?”

I looked up slowly as my mind started to clear. I gazed into Selena’s warm gray eyes. How did I know it was Selena? I wondered to myself.