M8 | 24 |

~Yoongi's POV~

  I was woken up to loud banging on the door but I didn't mind it and tried to fall back asleep until Jin barged into my room and shook me.

  "Wake up. The annoying people at the door are here for you." Jin said and I looked up at him. "Make them stop now." He said and walked away. I sigh and head towards the door.

  I open the front door and I look at the two men in front of me. The leader of my pack.. My father.. I haven't seen this face in a while.

  "What do you want?" I ask harshly and the other smaller person behind my dad flinched at my voice. "I need to talk to you." He said and tried to walk in the door but I stood in front of him. "Whatever it is, you can tell me right where you're standing father." I say and he shoots me a cold look.

  "Fine. Be rude." He says and straightens his posture. "I've heard that you've found your mate, son."

  "What about it?" I ask.

  "I heard that it's a boy.." He slowly says. "You can't have a boy mate. I won't allow it." He tells me and I laugh sarcastically in his face.

  "What?" I say, not caring. "Fuck off." I say harshly and I slam the door in his face and I could hear him gasp as it closed.

  I lock the door and head back to my room. When I open the door, I see Jimin sat up in his bed and he looks at me with half lidded eyes.

  "Who was that?" He asks me and I shrug.

  "Girl Scouts." I lie and sit next to him. "I didn't want anything so I slammed the door on them." I say and he gasps at me.

  "What if I wanted cookies!" Jimin whines and I chuckle. "Trust me, it was no good." I say.

  There was a moment of silence before Jimin finally cleared his throat and looked up at me. He gripped the blanket that covered him and he slowly began to speak. "T-Thanks for reassuring me.. about.. y'know.." he said and I nodded. "It's just- Sometimes I get a feeling that nobody likes me. It truly haunts me."

  "It's okay Jiminie.." I pick up his hand and he looks at me with a slight blush. We both smile and I speak up again. "You need to know how much you're worth.. Just like how much I know you're worth." I say and then we both turn our heads to see Jin opening our door.

  "Did I interrupt?" He asks and we both shake our heads. "Nope." Jimin says.

  "Okay.. Well, breakfast is ready. Come eat."

——

  "Who were those two people at the door?" Jin asks me. We were currently in his room talking about random things. We were both bored.

  "My father. I don't know who the other person is but my father came to speak to me." I say.

  "Why?" Jin asks me and I click my tongue.

  "He told me I couldn't have a boy mate." I said and Jin opens his mouth "What the hell? Why not? You didn't tell me that was against any rules Yoongi.." He says and I chuckle.

  "It isn't against any rules Jin, he was just trying to convince me that it was bad." I say and Jin sighs in relief.

  "What did you say to him?"

  "I told him to fuck off and I shut the door."

   "Yoongi!" Jin yells at me. "He's still family!"

  "Not in my eyes he isn't." I say and Jin laughs. "Anyways, how are you and Namjoon?" I nudge his ribs and he giggles and then gets excited.

  "He asked me on a date!" Jin squeals and blushes. "It's about damn time he did, I thought I was going to have to make the first move." He says and I chuckle.

  "That's good Jinnie." I say and look him straight in the eye. "So when's the wedding?"

  "Shut up!" Jin says and pushes me off the bed. "Besides, when is yours and Chims wedding?" He smirks and I roll my eyes.

  "At this rate, twenty years from now." I joke and Jin hits my arm.

  "You're the one who's making the rate so slow!" He said and I scratch my head. "Confess to him you rat!"

  "No." I say to him. "I want to make sure I take this time slower than Christmas."

  "Boring!" Jin says and rolls his eyes.

  Oh well. It's not like Jin's the one who confessed to Namjoon either. He should've practiced what he preached before he came at me with that shit. I'm curving the bad route.

——
~Jimin's POV~

  "Mia?" I say, recognizing the back of her head. I was at the shop to buy a snack for Hoseok and I saw her. It's rude to ignore people you know.

  "Jimin? Hi!" She cheers and hugs me. "What're you doing here?" She asks me.

  "I'm buying Hobi a snack." I tell her. "He beat me at video games.. I had to."

  "O-Oh.." She shied at the mention of Hoseok. "A-actually speaking of him.. I have to tell you something." She says and I tilt my head and indicate for her to continue.

  "H-he's actually m-my mate.." She says. "Please don't be upset or anything."

  I rub my head in confusion and squint my eyes. What's a mate? Is that another weird way to say boyfriend? Or brother? Dad? I'm lost.

  "Good for you!" I try to pretend like I know what I'm saying but then give up. "What the hell is a mate?" I ask and Mia's face drops.

  "OH!" She screams and grabs her change from the cashier. "IT'S NOTHING I GOTTA GO-" She says and bolts out of the door.

  What the hell? I pay for the food and try to run after her but she's already way ahead and disappears around a corner. What the hell is a mate? Why didn't she tell me?

  ——

  "What's a mate?" I ask Yoongi and he chokes on the water he was currently chugging.

  "W-what? Who told you a-about mates?" He stutters. Why is everyone so weird?

  "Mia said that her mate is Hoseok." I explain and he furrows his eyebrows.

  "What?!" He yells. "NO! No way in HELL!"

  "I'm confused.." I say and he sits in front of me and begins to tell me what it is. "A mate is like a werewolf's soulmate. We want to protect them and love them, all the usual things.. Except.. we have to mark them.. I'll explain that to you some other time.." He says and I tilt my head.

  "How do you know who your mate is?" I ask.

  "It's a strong feeling Jimin.." Yoongi explains. "The scent, the electric touch, the feeling of even being near them is unbelievable.. It's all unbearable to live without, and some wolves even suffer from the loss of their mates.. If I ever lost my mate.. I don't know what I'd do."

"Who's your mate Yoongi?" I ask him.

~
~
~