at us?

You bit your fingernail for the fifth time now and you swear if your nails could talk, they are already ranting on the agonizing pain that they were currently feeling due to you being hysterical.

With a deep breath, you were starting to calm due to the the familiar scent that Aki's room is emitting. The warm aroma of vanilla was stuck in his bed that when you sat on it, it immediately caressed your nose.

You miss the egghead so much even if the two of you talk almost every time and everywhere through video chat but what made you so tensed right now was the fact that it's already Saturday night. You've diligently followed Aki's instructions which is to talk to the boy who mysteriously appeared in his room almost a year ago.

To talk to Kusuo...

Just as you were about to emit another barrel of air, a sudden light lustered the dimly lit blue colored room and there came to view a rather eye-squinting portal and with a much more attention-catching sight in it...

A sight of the boy that you've been wanting to see for so long to be exact.

"Kusuo... You still look like you've been stuck in a dungeon for ten years." Even if the two of you are literally dimensions apart, his eye roll was still very evident with your recently released remark about him.

"Two years of not seeing each other and that's the first thing you've said. Typical." The tensed feeling you've endured are now washed away as you now felt the ease that engulfs you everytime you see Kusuo. It was actually a nice feeling and no awkwardness nor anger towards him was present, it was just plain bliss and joy.

"Still though.. I missed you." You suddenly blurted out the only understandable words that your mind could generate and for some reason, this caught Kusuo off guard even if he has been yearning to hear that from you for a long time.

The strawberry haired boy raised his hand, signing for you to hold it. You remembered the information that Aki shared to you about Kusuo not being able to get out from his dimension and by letting your emotions win, you pushed your hand inside the whirling pool and silently observed your hand slowly being grasped by the heat that his hands are possessing.

You felt your heart skipped another beat and as dangerous as it sounds, you ignored it. You were contented with the feeling of short breathing in exchange for a moment of physical contact with the boy you've cared so dearly.

As if on cue, Kusuo pulled you gently yet unexpectedly and as quick as a blink you found yourself engulfed into a hug by him and is now in his dimension. You were too slow to process everything that is currently happening yet your hands, seeming as it has a mind of its own, snaked around his back, deepening the hug even more.

"I know this will sound weird but you... smell so nice." You mumbled, burying your nose on the softness of his pink fluffy hair. 

"And yours is actually an improvement." You just ignored his side comment and released some horrible sounding chuckles. It was just stopped when a sudden realization hit you and as fast as Barry Allen, you pulled away in an instant.

"Wait... A friend of mine mentioned that you're only able to open this portal once per week.. MY PARENTS ARE GONNA DIE FROM WORRYING! WHAT DID YOU JUST-"

"I can bring you to your home anytime you want." For the uncountable time this day, your eyes blinked consecutively due to confusion to which he responded with a sigh.

"B-but.. Aki said-"

"Due to some complications, I wasn't able to control where and when I'll appear but it was just the first few weeks. I was able to fix it afterwards, I could also get in and out easily of the portal after I figured out how it works. I knew about your friend's lie because obviously, I can read his thoughts and I was supposed to lose my temper on him..." Before you decided to say something in reply, another set of words started to appear in your mind which was delivered to you telepathically.

"But then for some reason, I could still check up on you through clairvoyance despite us being dimensions apart... and I could clearly see how drastically your emotions went up when he was around... I couldn't find it in me to just randomly appear out of nowhere and burst the happy bubble that surrounded you.. so I just carried on with my usual routine so the two of you could also continue."

"I never despised the fact on how he made you laugh; how he managed to make you smile and erased the pain that I was not able to take off of you when I had the chance to.. I was actually thankful." 

You still stayed silent since you were still questioning yourself on how you've managed to get used with Kusuo's staring at you while he talks directly to your mind...however, what made your insides really churn was the way he spoke to you how he really felt.

"I actually wrote it on one of my letters and how I wanted to say my gratitude towards him... You still didn't open even a single one of it didn't you?" You silently nodded, embarrassment taking the best of you as you tried to hide it with a shy smile while scratching the back of your neck.

"I knew I should have continued to check-" You cut him off with a single peck on his cheek, his face reddening just seconds later on to which you reacted with teasing laughter.

"Look at you getting embarrassed with a simple kiss.. Anyways, I would really like to say thank y-" It was his chance to cut you off by placing his hand on the small of your back before pulling you towards him and perfectly joined his lips with yours. 

All you could do was to helplessly stare at him and closed your eyes in sync with him a couple of seconds during the kiss which was concluded before you ran out of air to breath.

The two of you were silent for awhile.. but for some reason, you never felt any tension nor awkwardness... and the burning feeling settling on your lips didn't bother you at all.

"Hey Kusuo..." He raised his eyebrow, signing you to continue. A huge smile was slowly adorning your joy-filled face which caused Kusuo's heart to beat even faster, if it was still possible.

"Please promise me that you'll visit me every day." Your words alone carved a small yet amazed grin on his formerly unfazed face, his hand finding its way in intertwining with yours.

"I promise..." There was another set of silence but was again interrupted by the strawberry haired teen.

"Hey (Y/N)..." You tilted your head towards him, the physical contact between the two of you was never interrupted.

"Do you.. promise to.. be my wife? I...I mean you can say no.. But I'm.. willing to wait." 

The embarrassment that was displayed in him was too much and all you could do was to just smile at it because for some reason... it was kind of cute. You actually do feel embarrassed yourself due to his question but you liked the way the butterflies on your stomach tickled their way to your heart and you wished for it to never end.

You rested your head on his shoulder, helping him calm a little and upon reassuring that he was kind of okay to listen to your response, you simply said...

"Of course Kusuo.. I do."