Monster without choices

Kha'zix was a creature of the Void, one of Runeterra's greatest threats. Yet something seemed to change. When he left the Void, the beast learned to understand the universe he missed. The jungle was his new home, it was all he needed. He couldn't calm his endless hunger, and soon the blood became the only color he saw.

-Do it, do it, Kha, that's what you need to become, do it, and you'll be the biggest threat of this world.

That voice... it haunted the spirit of the bug. He remembers perfectly the horrible mission he had to accomplish.

"I'm evolved enough, I don't need to kill them... and they did nothing wrong."

He said, worried and serious. He was looking at Kog'Maw and Cho'Gath, he was looking for help but the two monsters will never be able to beat this being

"You want to become like Kog ? An idiot ? You are one of us, one of the most evolved, and that's how you thank me for not killing you ?"

Kha'Zix lowered his head. He no longer listened to what he was saying. He knew he had no choice. The bug sighs when he tried not to think about this past anymore. He left his tree to look for another prey

-Hey Kha !

A small voice said

"Mumu ? It's early why are you awake ?"

-Early ? It's the night...Are you ok Kha ? You look sad...

"Heh ? Nah, slept too much that's all"

Kha laughed but he was lying.

"I'm never in a bad mood kid ! Hey go find us some green fruits will ya ? I wait you here"

The boy smiled, nodding. The kid ran in the depths of the jungle, and Kha didn't smile anymore.

"You asked me to become a killer, a monster and a beast... I'm one now, are you proud of me, Velk?"

A small animal tilted his head. Kha was obviously talking to himself

"Heh... don't look at me like that, you had the choice. Run or you'll be my next meal"

The creature ran away, even though Kha was starving. He spent his life lying and hiding his secrets. After all, he had no choice. He couldn't understand how humans could be 'that' kind, when he just had a horrible life. it wasn't fair, he thought. His heart was filled with anger and sadness, and it drove him crazy. What were these emotions ?

-A monster ! Go away dirty beast, don't touch me !

These are the words he heard every day. And yet, they came from the people he had saved. Nobody could understand him. Nobody knew his pain. He never forgot the genocide of little void beings, He will never forget Velk's threats. He didn't have the right to cry, he didn't have the right to feel love or mercy, because he didn't have the right to act like a human. He was a monster, after all. Velk wasn't a good friend, it was only a lie, because he hates him. Kha'Zix tries to be as cold as possible, not to bring the attention on him. Even if love and friendship was kinda difficult for him, he met amazing people. But sadly...he needed to be silent about everything.

He wasn't a monster. He just didn't have the choice. He was really trying to do his best to spare people, but... they never understood. He smiled every day, because no one could see him sad. He couldn't be sad. But he couldn't fool the mummy and the bird. They were too smart for that

-I'm back with green fruits ! Come !

"Already ?..."

-I came back after 30 minutes...You need to rest a little

"Haha...yeah, I think so."

The mummy sits next to the monster. He offered him a green fruit

-You know... I'm here for you, even if you don't want to talk...

Kha took the fruit directly into his mouth to swallow it. He never lowered his guard but he trusted the kid

"Let me do that alone. You have enough problems on your side. I'll be fine, promised"

-You won't...

"What ?"

-You won't feel better if you keep it all on you...it's not your fault Kha, you don't need to change all the time, you don't need to satisfy everyone...You are like me ! And...you are my friend

Kha'Zix was silent, he looked at his small friend, and for the first time, his smile was real

"Thanks kid...Good to know I can share my curse with your curse hehe..."

-You helped me a lot...Even Azii is happy to know you !

"...Who ?"

-Um...Azii ?

Kha'Zix chuckled a bit, he slowly pats the head of the small one

"Azir kid, Azir...yeah, I guess he'll eventually learn me more things about humans and all... maybe one day I'll be free from the Void. maybe one day I'll be free to do everything I want to do, and maybe I won't need to devour bad things anymore... Such a good dream"

-Maybe one day my curse will be my friend...

"Nah kid, you already have a friend"

They both laughed when the stars began to appear in the dark sky, for the first time, Kha'Zix was...happy.