Chapter 5 Not her

It was a Sunday morning and I had the day off, Lexie and I went for a run at the butt crack of dawn.

"What about her?" Lexie asked me trying to fix me up with a girl.

"Lexie I'm not interested in girls right now?" I told her.

"Oh my god! Mark! Are you gay?" Lexie asked

"My god! Lex of course not!!" I told Lexie

"Okay.... Then why don't you want to see anyone? I mean your Mark Sloan, the whore if the hospital." Lexie told me

"Wow thanks lex, you know when I was with you, I was only with you, so I was technically not a whore. And haven't been a whore for the past 7 months."

"Okay! I'll race you back to the house!"

It was Monday morning and I was at the hospital. This whole Lexie thing with her being a ghost, well was kinda weird and well difficult to sleep around. I mean she would just pop in when ever she would want, and I dot want to drive her away with a girl.

I was at the desk filling out a chart when Meredith and Derek walk up

"Hey mark, you've been acting strange." Derek said

"Oh really how so?" I asked.

"You haven't been sleeping around." Derek said

"Oh my god! I just want to focus on my work and I don't have time to pick out a nurse to screw." I told them.

"Oh here I'll pick one out! Right now!" Meredith proposed.

Meredith looks around and points at nurse Jackie.

"Here!" Meredith says.

"I'm not gonna sleep with anyone okay!" I tell them.

"Why?" Derek asks

"Because of Lexie I see her everywhere. And she is fragile. I dot want to upset her. And I can't move on, her her just popping up everywhere. She is everywhere all the time!! And I can't just leave little grey like that!" I tell Meredith and Derek

"Umm... Mark..... Are you feeling okay. Have you been feeling okay lately?" Derek asked me.

"No really! I see her. Right now she is walking down that hall toward me!" I told them pointing down the hall at Lexie.

Lexie walks up to mark.

"Hey mark, oh there's Jackie, go get her!"

"Lex, I can't okay so please stop pushing me to!" I yell at Lexie.

"I think he is going crazy" Meredith whispers to Derek and I am talking to Lexie who I can only see.

"Mark just tell me why?" Lexie asked me

"Because Lexie....., because.... Because Lexie you are everywhere! And I can't move on with you here where you can pop in on everything! Okay? Little grey, I love you, lovED, I love you lex, and you left me, alone, and broken hearted, and I can't.... I can't just move on when you are with me all the time! So please if you want me to move one... Leave!" I tell Lexie.

"Mark you don't want to do that. If I leave I won't be able I come back. You won't ever see me again...." Lexie says

"Little grey! Leave! If you want me to be happy you'll leave!" I tell Lexie.

"Fine! Goodbye mark..." Lexie says as she walks down the hall disappearing.

I turn I Meredith and Derek and cover my face.

"What have I done?"