Act II: Grimmjow

Grimmjow:

Those bastards! I growled in my head. Once I get my hands on them they are finished! How dare they try to use my mate in such manner?!

"Wow, Ichi-tan's family drama is huge" Nelliel commented, tone laced with concern.

Even Tier looked worried watching the drama unfold. What I felt was not worry but anger, how dare she?! I've heard Ichigo talk about his sister many times during our meetings, usually after mating. Always praising her about how strong, beautiful and smart she was, taking care of them when their mother died and making sure they could still smile. He missed her with the intensity of ten suns and it ends up being that she abandoned them all along! I cannot accept that!

Ignoring everyone else I paid back my attention to the screen, praying for the first time in centuries for my mate's safety.

"Then what am I suppose to think?!" Ichigo yelled at his sister "You knew how much we all suffered after mom's death and then you go and sacrifice yourself... you have no idea how much I missed you onee-chan"

"Oh, ma petit fraise, I think I know it more than you think. I missed you as much if not more... after you did have father and the twins, but I was alone here" my mate winced at her words, as if she had slapped him. I so wanted to be there and kick that bitch's ass for hurting him so much "But tell me, what would you have done if it had been your friend? Wouldn't you have fought till death for them?"

"That's not fair" Ichigo said flinching slightly "You know I would"

"Then can you really fault me for doing the same for my best friend?" she replied.

"I can't, can I? At least, we are back together now" my mate sighed, a soft smile showing into his face.

I didn't like it. That bitch deserved to suffer more for what she made Ichigo go through but I also don't have the right to complain... not when I made him go through a similar suffering.

Suddenly a big BOOM was heard from the screen, startling both Kurosaki's.

"That came from..." started my mate, face going pale.

"...the camp" finished his older sister, before both of them rushed towards their nakama.

When they got there, the whole place was a mess. Ayasegawa and Hanatarou were tired and bruised, fending off against a shinigami with a bull in his cloak while Abarai was having his ass kicked by the Arrancar lion- still frozen in shock by the revelation of his best friend's death.

"Renji!" Hiromi screamed about to charge for his defense when Ichigo stopped her.

"Onee-chan leave it to me, you go help Yamada and Yumichika" he told her, not waiting for her response before charging against the Arrancar "What the hell Renji?!" my mate barked at his friend, was he pushed Leo away "Why are you letting him kick your ass like that?!"

"Because I deserve it!" the redhead snapped back, finally rising his gaze from the ground showing his tearstained face "Hiromi died because of me! She reaped out her own heart and put it on my chest so I could be revived!" so that's what truly happened that night and the reason why she was so obsessed with hearts, she doesn't have a heart! Interesting "I deserve to die for that!"

"That's bullshit!" Ichigo yelled that with so much anger and pain that it froze not only Renji but everyone watching "My sister sacrificed herself for her friend, the same way you would have done. The same thing I would have done for my friends. You going around letting a damn Arrancar kill you is disgracing her sacrifice. Live you idiot! If you don't to do it for yourself, do it for her"

I was stunned by the emotional charge his words possessed. My heart ached for him, for all he has suffered and all he's lost. I promised myself then that I would earn his forgiveness, even if I have to beg and show him he can be happy... we can be happy.

"You don't blame me?" Abarai asked softly, as if he could not believe it.

"I don't. All you did is die protecting her. If anything I blame her for making that choice... but I also understand. Friends... family is everything for us Kurosaki's. That's why neither of us wants you to die Renji" my mate answered, smiling at the read head "So lets beat this bastard's ass and finish with this mission for once and all!"

"Yosh!" the captain exclaimed, finally snapping out.

I sighed relieved, those two together would have finished with Leo in no time. And as I expected they did, in less than ten minutes the fight was over. It seems like Hiromi had also finished with her enemy and was looking at her favorite boys with a proud smile on her face.

"Renji I... I'm sorry, I should have never used Syrena on you. Manipulating your mind like that is unforgivable, but you freaked out when you discovered what I've done. You were unconsolable, so I had to do something before you lost your mind" the orange haired girl apologized.

"I understand" Abarai replied "But don't do it again"

She chuckled "I promise"

"I still don't understand something, how did you manipulate his mind to forget all of that happened that night and plant fake memories" Hanatarou asked, if not a bit shy.

"Well, Syrena's first evolution allows me to control water at will, as you saw during the fight, but her bankai mode gives me the power to control people when I sing and dance at will. Like a mermaid. So I only had to sing him to forget it all and remember what I wanted him to" she answered, shocking us all.

"That's... quite scary if I am being honest" Ayasegawa commented, sweating a bit at the revelation.

And how right he was. That's damn scary! We already had a bastard controling people's perceptions, we don't need someone using us like puppets too! Good thing she is Ichigo's sister.

"What now?" my mate finally asked the question we were all thinking.

"We go to their base and kick some ass!" Abarai exclaimed fervently, before calming down a bit "Though, before shooting we'll try to negotiate. In the past Arrancar and Shinigami working together was unthinkable, but that's not the same now. We even have vizards! Let's hope that they are ready to forsake their thirst for revenge and aim for an alliance on the right way"

"You've got it taichou!" Hiromi exclaimed, burning up with determination "Let's get going!"

"Hai!"

Let's really hope The Zodiacs are ready for that because I do not want to lose my mate. Sagittarius, their leader, is not known as the strongest Arrancar for nothing.