ii

Adora kept her eyes forward and didn't dare turn to look at the girl next to her. All Adora wanted was for class to start so that it could be over and she could leave. Adora's wish was quickly granted as the teacher entered.

"Hello class, I am Ms. Perfuma." Ms. Perfuma stood tall in front of the class with a large smile. She had long, blonde hair that seemed to flow with wind that wasn't present and she looked quite young. Adora's first impression of Ms. Perfuma was that she was laid back and went with the flow so she expected this class to be an easy A.

"Let's start by taking roll." Adora listened to the names hoping that she could remember and match them to faces. She seemed to be doing a great job as her name came up.

"Adora Carter."

"Here!" Adora almost yelled with a crack in her voice. She felt her cheeks heat up as she thought how everyone would notice how nervous she was.

"Catra Clark."

"Here." Adora heard the girl next to her finally speak up. Adora turned towards her for the first time since class began and noticed some features she hadn't seen before. Adora saw that the girl had small freckles and two different colored eyes. Adora saw the nose ring that she saw before and thought how good it looked on the girl. 'Catra.' Adora seemed to like the name and thought that it suited the girl well. Adora forgot that she was staring and quickly looked away before Catra noticed. Adora went through the rest of class not really listening to the teacher and zoning out. After class, Adora quickly collected her things and left the class. It was finally time for lunch and Adora was starving. She found her way to the cafeteria after wandering around aimlessly and she didn't think about where she would sit until she entered the cafeteria. There were students everywhere and Adora was starting to get nervous.

"Adora! Over here!" Adora turned her head to find the voice that called out to her and she saw Glimmer and Bow standing on the seats with huge grins while waving. Adora smiled and went over to them.

"How was your first class?" Bow asked as Adora sat down next to them.

"Pretty good I guess." Adora heard her stomach growl and remembered just how hungry she was. "We should get in line for lunch." Adora said almost asking and the two others agreed by getting up from their seats. Adora followed them to the long line waiting for mac and cheese.

"So, you like Ms. Perfuma?" Glimmer asked while grabbing a juice box from the display of drinks.

"Yeah, she seems really nice." Adora grabbed a water and followed the line hoping that there would be enough mac and cheese for when she reached it.

"Lots of people like her." Bow added in, "She's really passionate about teaching."

"That's good." Adora stopped paying attention to her friends and had her eye on the mac and cheese that was being distributed.

"She must really like mac and cheese." Glimmer whispered over to Bow. They smiled and giggled as Adora brightened up when they got closer. Adora gladly gave her tray to the lunch lady and finally got her desired mac and cheese. The three friends went back to their table once they got their food. Adora quickly sat down and started eating.

"So, Adora," Bow started obviously trying to strike up a conversation. "Are you going to join any clubs?" Adora stopped shoveling food in her mouth for a moment and looked up at the boy.

"Uh yeah," Adora replied with half a mouthful of macaroni. "I'm gonna try out for the softball team."

"Really?" Glimmer asked happily. "That's cool. What position?"

"Oh just pitcher."

"Nice! Maybe we can come watch you play someday." Glimmer replied

"Wait wait. I'm just trying out today. I'm not even on the team yet." Adora nervously chuckled.

"Oh I bet you'll make the team." Bow gladly added.

"You've never seen me play."

"Well I bet you're really good." Bow replied.

"Thanks." Adora smiled, glad that she already felt close to the two kids. After finishing her lunch, Adora got up to throw away her trash. On her way to the trashcan, Adora noticed the girl that she was sitting next to in her first class. Catra. She quickly threw away her trash and went back to her friends.

"Hey, do you guys know Catra Clark?" Adora asked trying not to look for the mysterious girl.

"Uh yeah I guess." Glimmer said halfheartedly.

"She has a kind of bad reputation." Bow added.

"Why?" Adora asked trying not to seem too interested.

"There's rumors that she's in a gang or sells drugs or something." Glimmer replied.

"She also punched a dude once." Bow whispered with a scared tone.

"Well I knew she was scary, but I didn't know she was that scary." Adora looked down at her lap. She couldn't stop thinking about all the bad things Catra could've done. Her thoughts were interrupted by the bell and everyone getting up. Adora went through the rest of the day easily. The rest of her teachers seemed fine and she hoped it would stay that way. Luckily Adora didn't have any other classes with Catra, but she had some with Bow and Glimmer. At the end of the day, Adora met up with Bow and Glimmer in the parking lot.

"Adora, we were thinking of making a group chat and we need your number." Bow already had his phone out ready for Adora's reply.

"Oh yeah, of course." Adora gave them her number and explained that she had to leave for practice. The three friends parted ways and Adora started walking until she noticed that she had no idea where she was supposed to be going. She started walking aimlessly until she heard a familiar voice.

"You lost?" Adora turned to see Catra standing against her bike. Adora stood still and stared for a couple of moments before answering.

"Yeah actually." Adora replied nervously. "Can you tell me where the softball field is?"

At first Catra just smiled, but then she got up from her bike and went over to Adora. Catra placed her hand on Adora's shoulder and Adora could feel her cheeks burning. After barely listening to Catra's directions, Adora thanked Catra and started to walk away. All Catra could do was chuckle before she got on her bike and rode away. Adora finally found her way to the softball field and entered the locker room to change. After getting into more comfortable clothes, Adora was greeted by a girl wearing a Grayskull High softball shirt. She had long blue hair and didn't seem happy to be there.

"Hey, I'm Mermista." The girl said crossing her arms and looking anywhere but towards Adora.

"Uh, hi. I'm Adora."

"Cool." Mermista turned and left without even looking at Adora. Adora hoped that this wouldn't be what most of her time on the team would consist of. She quickly took out her glove and went outside to see the rest of the team. The team was a group of girls who either looked very intimidating or looked like they had no idea what they were doing. Either way, Adora hoped that things would go well.