roommate from hell

Vanessa POV

I don't even think its legal to have a boy and girl share a dorm in college! Is it? He just stood there expecting me to be the one to sort the mess, as if I would be the problem in the relationship! Not relationship but you know what I mean like partnership...situation. Wondering if he was going to say/or do something, I asked in my nicest voice possible (yes I know he is a dickhead but what if I do have to spend my next 3 years in dorm with him, I'm gonna have to try) 'why don't we go back to registration, I'm sure this is just a mix up and we can have this sorted?'.                                     

'haha okay good luck with that, how about you go down to registration and fix this mess and stop being an annoying little bitch'                                                                                                                                      

'you know what, I will and the only reason is because after this conversation I'm planning on never speaking to you ever again'

'wow baby girls got fight...sexy. and please don't flatter your self you and i both know you won't be able to stay away from me'

I don't even know this boys name yet and he has already nicknamed me his baby girl! I actually can't deal with this right now, I just need to get my dorm sorted and stay as far away from that idiot as i possibly can. I made my way down to the registration where it seemed that everyone had begun to calm down aah, lucky them. 'Hi I'm in room #213, Vanessa Merrell I was wondering if you could check whether I'm in the wrong room or my so-called roommate is?'

'Yeah sure just give me one sec... no your in the right room sweetie, alongside a Mr Kian Lawley is that your roommate?'

'I actually didn't get that far into a conversation with him actually aha but uhh there must be some sort of mistake, aren't girls meant to share dorms with girls and boy meant to share with boys?'

'Not necessarily, it seems you must have not ticked the correct box on the sign up sheet, there should have been one asking if you were okay living in a unisex dorm. Its mainly because of ratios between the sexes that we are having to create mixed dorms. If I could give you a new room I would honey but I actually don't think there is anymore space, I'm sorry'

'Its okay thank you for your help though', I mean it isn't really okay is it? Your telling me I have to spend my college experience dorming with an actual asshole, sharing everything - a bathroom! Guess I should say goodbye to late night bonding, talks about boys and just an overall happy dorm life, yay me! 

As I made my way towards my building site, I was repeating over in my head about how I was going to play this. Yes ik this is lame but 1. I'm scared and 2. I can't have 'kian' thinking I'm a push over who he can talk to like crap, I'm going to have to walk back in there with confidence, making sure I lay out my ground rules clearly. After psyching myself up for what felt like a solid 30 mins I pushed opened the door to our dorm.

'Oh looks who's back, I guess you've figured out that we will be sharing a dorm and then therefore realised you made the stupid mistake of ticking the box saying you are okay with mixed dorms aha?'

'wait what? how did you...why did you send me.. what?'

'yeah I knew from the start and considering that I ticked the box and was aware that my roommate would be a female aha. I sent you back down there because I wanted to see how you would react and frankly you were just sort of getting on my nerves at the beginning so I thought I would just get some peace and quiet while I can as you have one of the most annoying voices ever know!'

'okay wow. yeah. This is a great start, you must know how much of a dickhead you are? Just because I just thought at one point you would be able to hear the shit that you talk'

'see what I mean aha you've got sass and I like it, but don't...' he advanced towards me and pushed me against the doorframe, caging me in with hands at either side of me and his lips almost touching my ear, 'you ever think you can speak to me like that again. Okay?

'ye yeah', I stuttered wow Vanessa how smooth thats the way to show him that your not be pushed around, great job! omg could this have gone any worse? he pushed of the wall and walked straight back over to his bed which he obviously had claimed to be his by looking at the ginormous playstation he had plugged into the nearby wall. 

I just stood there for a few minutes trying to figure what i could do next, was this really what my life had turned into? I heard some of the loudest shouts coming down the hallway and before I realised they began circling in our room. Okay I'm sorry, but what is this place why are the guys in this school so god damn gorgeous but complete utter arseholes, all I wanted to do was for the ground to swallow me hole and hide me from that ever was happening.

'Bye...nessa? is that your name? cute necklace aha, but I really need you to leave the boys are over and that means no space for you so bye', kian had begun to start pushing me outside the dorm, our dorm in fact. I tried to fight back against him but geez I didn't realise he was that strong, he basically picked me up and flung me over his shoulder then placed on the ground outside the room. I protested as much as I could but all I got was a slam of the door in my face and I was able to hear the lock twist from the inside.

Yep, this is me currently. Vanessa Merrell sitting on the floor outside her own dorm room, as she waits for her roommate from hell to open the door and let her back in. I placed my AirPods in my ears and sat in the empty hallway and just let myself drown in the music. Peace.

'are u okay aha? why are you sitting on the floor?' a sweet yet high pitched voiced asked.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay thats part 2 you guys aha, Ik only a few of you have read this so far but that you so much for all your comments telling me to carry on. I hope you really liked this chapter but as always please add, vote and comment suggestions below.

beth x