unlikely friends

Vanessa POV

'are u okay aha? why are you sitting on the floor?'

I looked up to see where  the voice had came from, about 3 doors down, a girl with long light brown hair and beautiful green eyes poked her head around the corner of the doorframe. It wasn't until she advanced towards me that I could see her fully. Long toned legs carried her with each stride as her oversized hoodie bounced just above where her jersey shorts ended. she was stunning! 'oh yeah umm well not really aha. u see my dickhead of a roommate has decided to leave me stranded in this freezing cold corridor without food or even money to buy some just because his attractive but questionable buddies wanted to come over.'

she looked towards my door number and rolled her eyes to the back of her head with a disappointing look on her face, 'well I'm sorry to say but your dickhead of a roommate also happens to be my dickhead of a brother.'

'omg I'm so sorry I didn't realise, I didn't acc mean what I just said.' awkwardly trying to keep a grin off my face.

'yes u did! but its okay I don't blame u, im the one that should be sorry to u for having to room with my brother.' I laughed a little as I could already see we shared a hatred for the boy on the other side of the wall I was currently resting on. 'I I tell u what how about u come to my dorm? I have left over pizza from earlier, a roommate who is overly friendly and im guessing u could use some female attention right now'

'are u sure aha? I mean u don't even know me.' ,I asked, questioning why she was being so generous.

'true but not yet, and from what it looks like u haven't get many other options and could make some easy friends from this offer so why not?' 

'wow okay yeah thank you umm...' as I raised an eyebrow. realising I didn't even know this girls name.

'oh im Alyssia aha', she held out her hand and beamed down at me with pearly white teeth.

'Vanessa', I spoke taking her hand as she pulled me to my feet, 'or Nessa, whatever u want'.

the next morning...

I could already tell this was going to be the start of a beautiful friendship. Alyssa introduced me to her roommate Kate, a bubbly blonde girl from Texas she was full of energy but easy to love. it was almost as if we had know each other for years when really it was only for minutes, the conversation was so easy, we talked about our hometowns, families and even past romances...the typicals. they were genuinely such nice girls and after talking to them I realised I was going to be just fine here. Alyssa was absolutely nothing like her brother I mean the only thing I have really gathered from him was rudeness so it wasn't that hard to tell the difference. She was kind and completely hilarious but u could tell she could cause trouble if she wanted to. All night we laughed, sung, danced and ate our hearts away, I hadn't had the best start to the first day but it definitely ended better than I ever could have hoped. it was wasn't til after I woke up on the floor mattress, which we had created from anything we could find, when the sunlight stabbed through the window that I realised at some point is was going to have to return to my own dreaded dorm.

'you know I could just live here, the three of us together would be great', I said with a hopeful yet desperate tone in my voice.

'I pretty sure we would love the company Nessa but lets be honest thats never going to be approved by the school', Alyssa said as she pulled a face at my puppy dog eyes.

'and even if it was allowed, there is no way u could fit in the first place, I nearly broke my damn neck trying to get to the bathroom last night', Kate spoke frantically to prove how much of a danger hazard I was last night.

'im really sorry Ness there is really nothing u can do about sharing with my brother, remember we are literally three doors down the hall and u really only need the bed and shower apart from that u won't even have to look at him. Your going to be fine I promise.'

I let out one of the biggest sighs I have ever created and slummed my way towards the door. I turned to the girls who had motivational looks in their eyes and said, ' if I die, it was nice knowing yous for one day, all the love goodbye. 'all I heard was them shout together, 'ur so dramatic!'

I let my head hang low as I wandered to my door half because I was still tired from the night before and the other because I was dreading even being in the same vicinity as this demon boy. I pushed upon the the door handle and dragged myself inside, 'here we go again.' 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im so sorry it has taken me so long to update this book, I have no real actual excuse but I have now broken up from school for the summer so expect better and quicker updates aha. thank u for the previous love and support of the previous chapters and the beginning of the book overall. im so excited ahah. as always comment, favourite and add to your libraries. 

beth xx