2

. sorry i didn't update... a lot happened. but here you are :) I will update everyday or so you have my word. 

.

.

.

Wrong.  I was oh so incredibly wrong. Right when I stepped in the elevator I watched the door began to close and I was plunged into immediate silence, Not wanting to say anything I let my gaze go towards the floor. luckily this was a very spacious elevator or i'm sure Damien would have heard my heartbeat going crazy. I internally moaned in sadness as I watched my last chance to escape wither away as the elevator doors finally closed. 

"Office immediately" Damien's agitated voice  broke the silence suddenly and I unintentionally jumped at the sounds. "W-what?" I measly said still looking down, not daring to make the mistake of looking at him in his eyes. "I don't and won't repeat myself, you heard the orders so you will follow them." he said finalizing the short conversation. I used that as a chance to escape any further conversation for now. 

6...11....23...31....  Gosh how many floors does this building have! I couldn't take this silence any longer. I could already feel my ears popping as we went higher and higher. And it didn't help that my new boss was standing there with his buff looking bodyguards. whom by the ways looked like they would kill me just for the fun of it, were all acting like they weren't bothered at all. 

"Um what flo-" I was cutoff by the dinging of the elevator indicating that we were now on the 40th floor. but for some reason the elevator door wouldn't open. Oh gosh no no no no please tell me this fancy ass elevator is stuck now! I thought panicky in my mind. I finally looked up at Damien who was now retrieving something from his pocket, it was a key. 

Taking the key he went up to the floor selection area on the elevator and stuck it into a slot that I couldn't see from my side of the elevator. Soon after the doors immediately opened and I felt myself letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. 

~~~

Damn, I knew this building was fancy but come on this office complex is way too expensive looking for me. I mean I guess that kind of makes sense when your boss is super rich. Not to mention that i've been less fortunate my whole life so while this is amazing for me i'm sure everyone else in this building bats and eye. 

"Are you going to just stand in the elevator the whole day !" My thoughts were cut off as I finally saw that my boss was way down the hallway at his office and so were his body guards. Shit! good job Adrien you didn't even start working yet and your already messing up. I was about to step out of the elevator when the doors suddenly closed. and I noticed I was about to start going down again I panicked and started banging on the doors. 

"Hey I don't have a key and I don-" The doors opened and I was meet with a angry looking boss. My heart dropped as he yanked my wrist and speed walked down the hall towards his office. I didn't know what to do , I looked around frantically and saw that everyone in this complex was completely silent as they continued working as if i wasn't getting yanked down the hall to meet my doom.  

As soon as we reached his office he opened the door pushed me in it and slammed it in his bodyguards face  as he stepped inside so it was just me and an him. "who the hell do you think you are?!" My now furious boss yelled as he walked back and forth in his office. "i-i'm.." I began. "Don't you dare answer that" he snapped as he stopped walking and faced me. I couldn't help it. tears began to well up in my eyes as I continued to stand frozen in front of him. 

"I will not tolerate your  dumb ass behavior! You were banging on that door like a helpless ass monkey !" Damien continued to scold me, I could practically feel the heat radiating off of him. God was he mad. I couldn't stop it once the first tear dropped they just kept coming. 

"Are you crying..?" he said now in front of me. His voice was now slightly lower but still stern. It was almost as if he was stating a fact instead of asking a question. 

'I-m sorry this is my first d-day and I was given the w-wrong" My tears and the tightening of my throat cut me off from finishing my helpless explanation. 

"Go home" Damien's voice cut my pitiful attempt to speak off. He turned around as if he was disgusted by my crying and I couldn't blame him. I'm a 23 year old man crying because I had a bad day. Even so I really couldn't afford to lose my job. I needed the money from this job or who knows where id be living at the end of the month. 

" No.. please don't fire me i'll do anything , i'll be good Ill be the- " I tried begging but he cut me off once more. 

"I didn't say your fired I said go home." He said, back still turned towards me as he seemed to be staring out of the large glass window behind his desk. 

"No please ill do... oh what?" I said so confused. I was so sure my career would end before it even started. 

"You have 30 seconds to leave my office before I change my mind." He said still stern but I could catch a tiny glimpse of humor in his voice it was slight but definitely there. He sat at his desk and started looking at some papers on his desk. 

"Y-yes sir thank you " I turned towards the door and swung it open and almost ran out of that room. 

I let out a sigh once I was out. I cant believe I escaped the lions den. And I still have my job! I said in my head as I headed towards the elevator where Id came from with Damien before.

~~~

Once I was back outside I took a deep breathe in finally able to clear my head. The only thing I had to worry about was not messing up again the next day and ill be good. I'll bring up the mistake in job description to him later when i'm not already on thin ice.