Chapter Three

"Hey Kai-chan. How are you? Hope you're doing well, wherever you are. As you can see, I'm still alive and kicking. Heh, bet you didn't think I'll last this long without you. Well... turns out I did. Dunno whether I should be thankful for that or not."

Kagami leaned back and let her hands fiddle with a few playing cards, unable to stay still. The smell of incense surrounded her, making her feel a bit warm. She gazed at the name on the tombstone, feeling a bit hollowed inside...

...

Kuroba Kagami

June 21, 1978 - August 24, 1984

...

It's strange to see her own name carved on the stone, but after the years she's grown used to it. After all, it's one of the ways to ensure Kuroba Kagami's death in this world and Kuroba Kaito's survival.

No one can know.

"I still can't help but imagine what would have happened if you're still here. You would've met Aoko and maybe even liked her! I can just imagine you two becoming a couple, then Aoko will officially be part of the family." She smiled amusedly at the thought, "And then there's Hakuba Saguru, a pretty annoying guy who's always accusing me of being Kaitou KID one way or another. You're both pretty stubborn, so you would've probably been the best of friends. And then there's Akako, who I'm not going into depth because she's just plain creepy." She sighed, "Pretty sure you know all this because you're watching me one way or another. I'm also more than sure Tou-san's with you up there laughing at everything I'm doing." Kagami chuckled humorlessly, "My life's been real interesting, now that I think about it. It's probably fun to watch, like a drama."

Her hands unconsciously picked the Ace of Clubs card from the pile on her palm she had been playing with. She stared at it blankly for a moment, before finally resting it on the headstone in front of her. A quick flick of her fingers and a fresh blue rose was added beside it.

"Aoko's going to visit after me, so be good and don't tease her or anything." She inwardly smiled at the thought and she stood up, patting her pants for any dirt, "I gotta go now, please watch over me Kai-chan. You too Tou-san." Her eyes glanced quickly at her surroundings and, finally deeming it safe, leaned in towards the stone and bowed her head, before finally whispering, "I miss you... nii-chan."

She straightened up and smiled one last time, before finally spinning on her heel to leave.

Ten minutes later, a figure stopped by 'Kuroba Kagami's' tombstone, examining the card and the blue rose with narrowed eyes, before bowing his head in respect and finally leaving as quickly as he had come.

.

~oOo~

.

The whole country is buzzing with excitement. Everyone is reading the newspapers and gossiping about it. News channels displayed it on the screens on every building. Though while everyone is whispering excitedly about it, the Kaitou KID Taskforce surprisingly found themselves having mixed feelings... Inspector Nakamori, more so.

The Inspector turned to his men, not feeling happy at all about the Thief's latest heist notice. Normally, he would be boasting about finally catching KID this time, but now he's having a bad feeling about this whole thing. He knows there has been gunmen in KID's heists sometimes, but this is the first time he has seen them in action. They shot a police officer too! If they are brave enough to do that, then they might be more dangerous than he first thought. And if they've been doing that since KID's return, then why hasn't KID said anything?