Trash

I bet you know me and I bet you use my species everyday, but never realize it. Humans call us ''trash'', more specifically I'm plastic. I don't have a name but I do have a barcode. I guess I'm not worthy of a name... We don't even have mothers... We are made not created. It really sucks to be trash, humans blame us for all destruction they caused while we did nothing. They are the ones who need us, use us, and then throw us away thoughtlessly. We can't really move so when humans throw us in the ocean, for example, we can't do anything if we get stuck on a turtle's neck. We don't want to kill and we suffer tremendously when we do. The pain of being forced to kill is so terrible and it makes us feel insignificant and incapable.

Right now I'm being thrown in the ground by a parent. Unbelievable right? He should be teaching his kids not to do that.

''Dad! I saw that! Don't throw it on the floor! Pick it up! Stop being a litterer!'' wined a girl that must be about fourteen. She said that while pouting and crossing her arms. Finally someone with education! This new generation is our salvation for sure. With people like her our dying planet might even get better.

''Daddy's a litterer! Litterer! Litterer!'' a small little boy sang between laughs. Now they are both standing next to me. The girl motioned for her father to throw me away. The dad finally took me but when the children weren't looking he threw me on the floor... Again. He has no idea how much that little action will affect the environment for thousands of years. We will be humans doom and destruction if they don't change their actions. Trashing the planet affects them even if they don't notice it.

Anyways, I wasn't on the ground for long. The wind blew me all the way to the ocean. Of course it's beautiful, but I'm not happy because I could cause a lot of damage. Soon after I notice a giant ray comes my way. ''I really don't want it to happen, God please don't let this happen'' are my naive prayers but just as I imagined, it happens. The ray eats me thinking I'm fish and then, without intention, I start killing it slowly from the inside. I feel the poor animals pain as it's breath goes away. It's not the first time but it hurts all the same.

Unfortunately destiny is really cruel. I feel the remorse of murdering an innocent animal... again. This will happen with others just because of an 'insignificant' action that could be prevented if I was simply thrown away in the trash can. Is this really my fault? Humans think it is, it's so easy to just blame something else and get of the hook. In reality it's their fault, their action and their MURDER. HUMANS are the true MURDERS.