6

Two weeks later

Everyone else had their stuff packed away but Joseph kept fiddling with his guitar. He started playing a tune, something different than his style.

"Another round," Howie raised his glass to other but they shook their heads. "And what is that?" He nudged Joseph while he played.

"I am feeling a bit crazy today."

Everyone turned to Joseph, grabbing their coats and scarves from the booth.

"What do you mean?" Darius asked.

"I'm feeling a bit strange. Like there was something bewildering about this night." He set his guitar aside.

"Maybe it was the beer, mate. It was kind of warm." Howie's lips pulled up to a smirk.

"Or was it the brunette beside the bar?" Darius looked at everyone else, questioning them instead of Joseph.
"Yeah yeah. I've also noticed her. She's kind of cute." Howie pointed out.

It was her. From the first night, he had found himself scanning the crowd extensively for her when he played. Besides all, it was the same shit every Saturday night. Around 11 pm they started, after an hour they had already a full-on audience and by the end of the night, Joseph had been fighting to stay safe from the girls groping him.

Joseph laid his guitar back into its case and zipped it.

"Leave it. I'm going to take it myself," Darius swatted his hand away and hoisted the case over his shoulder.

Joseph side-hugged him in appreciation.

"See ya next week."

"Don't get too wasted. There are still women behind that door there, eagerly waiting for you to exit." Howie warned Joseph and waved to Marcus for a goodbye. A girl had her tits pressed against the bar's door and Howie facepalmed himself. "See? That's ridiculous."

When everyone else left, Joseph settled on one of the barstools and waited for Marcus to finish up. He twirled his fingers nervously, biting the inside of his cheek.

She had been here just an hour ago, sitting on the bar stool beside his- wearing a blue jumper and dark jeans. Her hair was dyed back into a messy bun, lips painted light pink. She sipped her wine, talked to Marcus and tapped her feet to the rhythm of the songs.

"Ready to leave?" Marcus finished stocking up the beer fridge and refilled the shelf.
"She was here again tonight," Joseph leaned over the bar and took an empty glass.

"I'm closing... what?"

"She sat here. You talked to her.." Joseph said.

Marcus took a whiskey bottle from the back and filled Joseph's glass. "Oh, yeah... Leila."

"What did you say?" Joseph swallowed his drink hard.

"Leila. That girl you have been all horny about... her name is Leila."

"Horny about," Joseph lifted his glass to her lips, "wouldn't put it like that."

"Man, I haven't seen you act like this before..." 

"Like what?"

"You are obsessing and Joseph Hewitt doesn't obsess over a girl. You have been here every Saturday night and obviously not enjoying the night like you usually do. You are looking at her all night, nervous when she isn't here on time and you are singing almost off key when you notice her finish her wine and then leave. " Marcus pointed out.

"No, I don't." 

"Man, you do. Don't neglect that."

Joseph didn't understand what was going on with him. But Marcus was right. 

He buried his face into his hands. "What the hell is going on with me?"

"You are finally interested in a girl. And in a real way, not that crazy 'I want to get rid of stress' way." 

"Heh."

"Are you finally going to go and talk to her? I mean, I could keep her busy while you finish your gig next week and you guys could finally talk, like, in person."

"You would do that?" Joseph asked, feeling somewhat anxious but excited in a good way. 

"Ok," Marcus dropped the trash bag beside the front door, " I was kind of joking but if you want, then sure. I can keep her from leaving."