Chapter 5

—One Year and Seven Months after "The Decimation"—

Everybody was gathered in the library, waiting for Rhodey to appear. They went through three months of constant interviews with the media regarding about the same thing: the incident in Wakanda. There hasn't been a news station that hasn't covered the story.

Rocket was outside the library and inside the living room, where he was watching the news. Thor was leaning on the arch while watching the news as well. Steve, Bruce and Natasha were discussing about their latest interviews.

Rhodey entered the facility wearing a fine suit and dressed for a meeting. Thor smiled at Rhodey as he passed by him.

"Stop smiling. I have more money than you." Rhodey chuckled.

"I have more muscles than you." Thor muttered, looking at Rhodey as he went inside.

"So, why did you call me? Is there anything you need?" Rhodey asked.

"Yeah. We need the media off our asses." Steve said and Rhodey sighed. "Someone leaked the files about our battle in Wakanda."

"Someone leaked a file?!" Rhodey shouted, "I thought the battle was off the books. The only ones who should know about this are the president and vice-president. The military should see this as a unknown species invading Wakanda."

"Well they don't. They think it's another alien war that the Avengers suddenly got into." Natasha stayed. "The good thing is that they don't know the reason why we were there."

"But a few more good leads given to the media and they could find out that we were responsible for the disappearance of the entire universe."

"Look, I'll try to find that file. If I see it, I'll burn it and I'll tell you guys. For now, just lay low." Rhodey looked at the windows, "You guys are too obvious here. Might want to board up the windows."

"Yeah..." Bruce leaned back, "F.R.I.D.A.Y. has it covered."

"Good." Rhodey got his phone out, "I'll be late for a meeting."

"Guys! You might want to see this." Rocket shouted from the living room.

"Rocket, we don't have time for your damn TV shows." Steve placed his hand over his face.

"No, this is serious." Thor said, looking at them. The four heroes gathered near Rocket and watched the TV.

"Look at that," Rocket pointed at shots of Wakanda, "Nine are found dead in Wakanda. They also seem to have gotten into the archives."

"This may be how they got the leak." Rhodey muttered. "I'll go to Wakanda after my meeting."

"And hear this." Rocket said, as the news switched to an active crime scene in Japan, "There is a vigilante in Japan who goes by the name of Ronin. Has quite the amount of kills."

"Kills?" Steve asked, showing some concern when looking at Rocket.

"This isn't his first rodeo. He has more than fifteen crime scenes that we know. The wounds they sustain are from a sword."

"This isn't our worry, Rocket. Our worry is Wakanda." Natasha said, and looked at Steve, "I'll go to Wakanda, Rhodey. So we could make this faster. Your suit isn't craving some of Wakanda right now."