chapter 2

The next morning as the rays of sunlight poke through the blinds it cause the Subaru to wake up, he felt a warm small body next to him as he remembered yesterday occurrence. He smiled slightly. He heard heaving pants he look down and notice Conan has a very flushed face and is panting heavy, concern he lean over and put his forehead against Conan's forehead.

Subaru frowned.

' my god he's burning up, must have been of yesterday.'

He then got out of bed and wore his clothes went and get a basin full of warm water and a towel. After that he squeezed the towel he put on Conan's forehead. He then head downstairs to make chicken soup for the sick boy when he gets up.

" hmmh"

Conan groaned as he tried to get up but couldn't but he manage to open his eyes he looked around the room but all he could see is that the world keep spinning but he could still see.

' w-where am I ?.... oh yeah! Subaru-san let me stay in his house though is mine.

Perfect timing, cause Subaru got to his room.

" hmm, oh you're awake Conan-kun. You're having a slight fever so you should rest but now, eat this chicken soup I made. "

He then help Conan to sit up, Conan took the chicken soup , something happen. Conan started crying shocking the older man in the room.

" i-it's something wrong Conan-kun?!"

Subaru yelled in panic as he suddenly sees Conan crying.

" is it not to your liking? I can go make another one!"

Subaru at this point is just panicking like a crazy man.( which is ooc)

" no..no is .... Is just so good and this is the second time someone cook for me and take care of me"

Conan answered his question and Subaru manage to calm down and said,

" who was the first person who take care of you?"

" it was Ran, she always thought of me as her little brother."

" oh, well I'm glad I'm the second person, not like the fifth or sixth person"

Conan manage to finish his chicken soup, while answering questions from Subaru. Subaru took the bowl away from him and tells him to go to sleep.

Subaru cleans up the dishes then he wanted to go to the convenience store to buy some things. When Subaru goes out, Conan is all alone in the mansion.

When Conan was sleeping he was awoken by the knocking from the door he grumbled and got up but almost fall back to bed but he forced himself and went downstairs and towards the house, he went and check through the window he fell back butt on the fall. He then went upstairs not opening the door because he doesn't dare to open it, scared to be betrayed, abandon and the loneliness. Conan went and find a phone to call Subaru but then he remembered he didn't memorize his number, he then heard the front door open.

" hello, anyone home. Subaru-san?"

Conan recognize this voice. It was Ran.

' what is she doing here?! I thought she was on a date with HIM!'

Conan froze for a moment and try to get out. He went through the back door and ran out but before that he knock something off and fell on the floor with a ' thump '.

" Subaru-san!"

' oh crap !! '

Conan then ran he ran until he reach his destination he stop and pant he also felt a little dizzy so he went to the bench and sat. But he didn't notice that Ran saw him, when he looked up he saw Ran running towards him. Conan's eyes widen in fear and ran away she chase after him but she lost sight of him. She was disappointed, wanted to ask him why was he doing at Shinichi/Subaru's house.

She then walk back to the house and saw Subaru opening the gate carrying bags of groceries.

" S-Subaru- san! "

She then ran up to him and ask him this.

" Why is Conan-kun doing in this house?"

Subaru freezed and turn around and smiled at the girl

" He was just visiting me and having some curry to eat"

He answered, he goes inside and goes upstairs but deep down he really despised her. He open the door to Conan's room and notice it was empty so he thinks he was in the toilet. He went to the toilet and found the door open. He heard Ran said this.

" Um..ano, Subaru-san. If you're looking for Conan-kun. I saw him going out the backdoor." Subaru got pissed