Chapter 24

⚠️Trigger Warning?⚠️

Jack's POV

Once the news that (Y/n) is having a miscarriage sank in, it hit me hard. While (Y/n) was in the living room, I was in my recording room, crying quietly while looking at the positive pregnancy test. I rubbed over the plus sign, "We were so close, but yet so far, little buddy." I whispered.

I shook my head and looked at the ceiling, willing my tears to stop coming. 'I'm a man, I'm not supposed to cry or show emotions. (Which I, personally, think that's a complete load of bull shit. Men are human too, they have emotions that need to be let out.) Come on, Seán, man up. You're supposed to be the strong one and comfort your princess in these hard times. And look at you, what the fuck are you doing? Crying in a completely separate room than her.'

I wiped my face and got up violently, my chair rolling and hitting the wall behind me. I went to the living room to find (Y/n) laying on her stomach, her face pressed down into a soaked pillow, her breathing steady. 'She's asleep...'

I sniffled and went into the kitchen, looking in the fridge. I grabbed a bottle of whiskey and a glass, putting in some ice. I poured some of the drink into the cup and took a drink, the whiskey going down hard because I haven't drank it in a while. I downed the rest of it and poured more, a small buzz starting up.

Soon, I was shitfaced, stumbling around the house. I ended up back in my recording room, the pregnancy test back in hand. More tears streamed down my face as I cried out, asking lots of angry rhetorical questions that I knew no one would answer.

I started feeling a little dizzy, but shook it off, still looking at the pregnancy test with blurry eyes. I laid my head on my desk below my keyboard, looking at the test that I propped up against my monitor. I closed my eyes, the feeling of tears rolling down my face very present. Soon, I blacked out, snoring loudly with my face squished against the side of my desk.

Your POV

I woke up hearing a loud rumbling sound, the sound startling me. I looked around when the sound stopped, then felt it happen again; It was my stomach. 'I don't have an appetite, though.'

My phone dinged and I grabbed it, looking at the time. '11:15 am, January 20th.' I sat up and looked at what caused my phone to go off, seeing a message from Mark.

(Mark, You)

Hey, sis, how's it going?

Not that great, Mark.

What happened? Do you need me to come over and fix the problem?

This isn't a problem you can fix.

Then what is it? You're acting strange.

I had a miscarriage.

Oh no, (Y/n)... I'm so sorry. Do you want me to tell Mom so you don't have to? I could probably manage to get up with Jack's parents too, if you want.

Yeah, that'd be great, thanks.

I hope everything gets better, love you sis. I'll check in on you later.

Bye, love you.

I locked my phone and threw it to the other side of the couch, bringing my knees up to my chest. I rested my forehead between my knees and sighed, closing my eyes. Stress was banging in my head, along with a good little sum of depression I felt from the current happenings. I groaned quietly, the pain in my head hurting, but the pain in my head wasn't even enough to compare to the pain in my heart.

I rubbed at my empty stomach, a tear rolling down my cheek. "I miss you, baby girl." I whispered, kissing my fingers and placing them on my lower stomach. I blinked a few times, getting the tears out of my eyes.

I felt lonely.

'Where is Seán?'

I got up and looked into the kitchen, seeing a bottle of half drank whiskey and a glass cup with melted ice (So... Water?) in it. 'That's unusual...'

I wandered around the house until I came upon the last door I was yet to check: His recording room. I knocked on the door, getting no response, so I slowly creaked it open, finding Jack sprawled out on the floor, his head underneath his desk, the chair's leg between his legs.

I went over to him and squatted down, my hand lightly pressed onto his back. "Jack, baby, get up." I spoke quietly as he stirred a little, a quick intake of air sounding throughout the room.

"What time is it?" Jack spoke groggily, his voice scratchy from sleep.

"It's after eleven." I said as he got up, rubbing his face. He looked like something dawned on him, then he squeezed me in a tight hug.

I felt comforted.

"Princess, I'm so sorry."

"For what?"

"Not being there for you when we got home."

I clung onto him tighter, balling his shirt up in my hands, "It's okay, you're here now, that's what matters."

He dragged me down into his chair with him, me straddling his lap as we hugged. I breathed in his scent, relishing in it. I hadn't smelled his scent for a long time, resulting in me missing it.

I felt safe and at home. (It's a big deal when what you call home becomes a person instead of a house. It's a nice feeling.)

Jack sighed, "Do you want to try for a baby again soon?"

I raised my head up off his shoulder to look at him, shaking my head, "I want to wait until I know we're ready. That doesn't mean the sex has to stop, though."

He suppressed a chuckle and shook his head, pulling me back in for a hug, "I support your decision fully." He kissed my neck softly, then pressed his nose into that spot.

I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck, "I love you."

"I love you, too."

He rubbed his hands up and down my back soothingly, making me sleepy again. 'I've just had more than 12 hours of sleep, what the hell?' I closed my eyes anyway, ignoring my thoughts. I felt myself drifting off into the black void that is considered sleep.

Alright! Chapter 24 coming at you with 1000+ words!

So, Mark fixed the problem with having to tell family, didn't he? He's such a nice brother!

But anyway, punch that vote button in the face LIKE A BOSS! I'll see you doods in the next chapter!