Part 3

Part 3

The noises of chatter and yelling could be heard bouncing off the cavern's walls and making their way to the male who was outside of it. His form not paying attention to the noises, rather what was written on the fancy parchment that had been addressed to him.

His eyes widening as he got to to the main issue addressed in it. His father's handwriting and tone proving to the crown prince that he was indeed serious and that the topic would be first on his to-do list once his son returned to him.

Todoroki grit his teeth, taking the note and crumbling it within his hands as he thought more and more of why his father had assumed now would be the best time to address something of this caliber... right now.

He should be more worried about making sure his new alliance and peace treaty with Tineen was going well. But instead, he was still trying to control the young prince's movements all the way across Alcius. If that didn't make Todoroki angry, then it would be how he would in no way be thinking about it.

It was mostly because of you, and how after your goodbye... this topic was really the last thing on his mind. He couldn't just move on so easily from this relationship with you, and even though he still had a week of freedom, something told him a week was still too short to get over your absence.

Todoroki wasn't sure when he started to feel this way, but the emotions swirling in his chest certainly did begin to act up when you had spoken of leaving and not seeing either again until it was their own time to pass on... it struck him.

Goodbyes always left him feeling empty. His mother, Fuyumi... and now you. All of the people in his life he had grown attached to had gone somewhere far away and unreachable to him. And so, knowing that his father was trying to capitalize on something he clearly should not be, made the young prince's chest swell up with an anger that he had never felt this intense before.

"We're ready to start when you are." Your voice suddenly broke through the swelling rage. "Oh... what's that?"

You reached forward, still a bit of your brasher personality present it appeared. Apparently, you had managed to get it under control when you were near the gate, but seeing as you had wandered away to fetch him... you became like a small grabby child again.

Todoroki was quick though, and with a small emotion bubble that popped, he ignited the letter. Ashes decorated the air between the both of you and your face morphed into an unhappy pout at his behavior. He simply blinked, seeing as he might have overreacted... but then again, he didn't want you to see what that letter entailed, especially before you were to leave this world.

"Well, it must have been quite the secret if you went that far to hide it from me..." You sighed, shaking your head and allowing a smile to grace your features.

It was terribly forced though, that much he was able to tell. But, then again, he knew after your stunt this morning of attempting to swim off this terrible place, that you were in no way wanting to return.

"I'm sorry... it's just a bit personal." He sighed, running a hand through his locks as he spoke.

"King Enji?" You blinked, seeming to understand the look in his eyes and how his tongue spat poison with every word.

It was quiet another moment, Todoroki knowing he did not need to confirm to you that you were correct with your guess. And so instead, he turned towards you and motioned to start to head towards the others.

You led him in, and even from next to you... he could see how your personality was starting to turn back to your natural one. The smirk on your face was settling more into a soft, but somber smile. And your eyes began to well up every so slightly... the emotional impact of the next few minutes already striking hard on you.