Ch.15 - Help

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"I'M GOING TO HELP YOU!"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Harry was the first to wake up in his dormitory the next morning. He lay in bed for a moment watching the dust swirl around his bed and savoured the fact that it was Saturday.
The first week of term seemed to drag on forever.

Judging by the amount still asleep, he figured it was just after day break.
He headed straight to the common room and took a seat beside Alice, who jumped at the sight of him.
She was just about asleep when she heard him come down.
And thank God he came when he did.

"Did you sleep at all?" he asked, getting himself comfortable in the squishy seat.

"Of course I did" she lied, I don't think she has slept in two weeks.

Harry pulled the cork off his ink bottle and rolled out his parchment and began writing.

Alice was fasinated by the sight of it and couldn't help but stare.
He looked up, realising that she was staring and she quickly looked away.

"Which subject do you find hardest?" he asked, placing down his quill.

"Why?"

"I'm going to help you"

Alice eyes lit up and she explained that potions was the hardest, especially making them.
So Harry took his parchment, and began to draw.

"What are you doing?" she asked, mesmerized by his ability to use a quill.

"I'm drawing all the ingredients you use in first year, then I'll match with the ingredient name"

Alice flung her arms around him, taking him by surprise, and he smiled, but it quickly faded after he felt her ribs through her uniform.
And that couldn't be great.

"Thank you, Mr. Potter"

"Harry's fine"

"Mr. Potter makes you sound more sophisticated!" she laughed, staring at the pot plant while Harry continued drawing.
Hermione and Ron soon joined them, and they began drawing, answering Alice's contant questions about random bits and pieces until the rest of the house awoke and they all headed down to breakfast.

This time it was Harry who piled her plate, with endless amounts of sausages, hash browns and toast.

"Now Alice, you really need to eat that" said Harry, biting into a slice of toast.
Alice nodded, but just prodded at it.

Harry called Hermione and Ron over, further away from Alice, and she didn't even notice.

"What's wrong?" asked Ron, glancing back and over at Alice.

"I can feel her ribs through her uniform" whispered Harry. "Did you notice that last night, Hermione?"

"She is all bone, nothing more" replied Hermione, paying for her Daily Prophet.

"She needs to eat, but she refuses too, there's more to her story than what we heard last night" said Harry, glancing over to Alice, and caught her putting her food back.

"Don't push her, you saw how she reacted last night" said Ron seriously. "Wait it out, she'll learn if something goes wrong"

Harry and Hermione nodded in agreement, before sliding back to her.

"Anything in that funny newspaper of yours?" asked Alice, pretending she didn't notice them talking about her.
Yep, she heard everything.

"Let's see" muttered Hermione. "Here, look at this!"

TRESPASS AT THE MINISTRY
Sturgis Podmore, 38 of number two Laburnum Gardens, Clapham has appeared in front of the Wizengamot charged with TRESPASS and attempted robbery at the Ministry of Magic on the 31st of August.
Prodmore was arrested by the Ministry of Magic watchman, Eric Munch, who found himself attempting to break through a high-tech security door at one o'clock in the morning.
Prodmore who refused to speak in his own defence, was convicted on both charges and was set to Azkaban for six months.

"Sturgis Podmore!?" said Ron slowly. "He's that bloke who looks like his heads been thatched, isn't he? He's part of the Ord-"

"Be quiet Ronald!" said Hermione, casting a terrifying look in his direction.

"Six months?" exclaimed Harry. "Just for getting through a door?"

"Don't be silly!" exclaimed Alice, taking everyone by surprise. "I don't understand anything you're saying, but if this guy is on your side, then he was framed"

The trio were staring at her, and Alice looked nervous.

"Sorry, I wasn't supposed to hear. I'll stop" she said, blocking her ears.

Just then Draco tapped her on the shoulder and beckoned her to follow him, so she did.
Shaking like a nervous wreck.

"What did I tell you yesterday?" he asked, annoyed as hell.
Alice didn't say anything, she knew she shouldn't be with the trio, but it was better than being alone. "Answer me!"

"Fine! Not to be around people" she said, shielding her face.
Draco took her by the wrist and brought her into the broom cupboard.
Alice was terrified.
One minute he was nice.
The next he was hitting her.

He raised his wand, and Alice trembling she couldn't keep still.

He muttered something, and she felt a  sharp pain in her arm.
It wasn't that bad, but it gradually got worse and worse.

"Stop it-" she shouted, but Draco covered her mouth, so her shouts were no longer heard.
She started to cry, her tears gathering in Draco's palm as she felt even worse than before.

Soon enough she fell limp and slid down the side of the cupboard, huddled in a tight ball, holding her arm that was seeping with blood.

Draco couldn't believe what he had just done.
He placed his wand carefully back in his pocket.
And left, leaving Alice motionless on the broom cupboard floor.