TREINTAIUNO.

KISS & TELL
" suck it up, buttercup ! "
EPISODE ONE; CHAPTER ONE

KISS & TELL" suck it up, buttercup ! "EPISODE ONE; CHAPTER ONE

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT had happened 5 months prior, you would think Liberty High was the same as it had always been. It felt like it had always done too. It felt like everyone had finally excepted the circumstances and tried to move on.

That was until Tyler Down was called to testify in Hannah's trial and Jess and Alex returned to school.

Gossip stirred around the halls like usual, gangs of teenagers looming by their locker. Rory stood with the new friend she had made after returning to the cheer squad. Chlöe made her forget about everything over the summer and helped ease the blow of returning to Liberty after. She was nice; but she wasn't Hannah.

The crowds buzzed until each student caught eye of Alex's limping figure and a shaking Jess clutched to his left arm. The noise dimmed down as they whispered carefully about who they were and what had happened. Even the new freshman knew who they were.

Rory's eyes drifted to them when she noticed the silence, her lips parting in surprise. "Hey, I gotta go for a sec." She mumbled, smiling and squeezing Chlöe's side gently as she left.

She pushed past the lingering groups, her presence as feared as ever, until she reached the pair who had now been approached by Zach. The three instantly saw her coming, a panicked expression crossing Zach's face, unsure of how the other two would react to her being their.

"Hey." Rory whispered, immediately regretting saying anything at all. "Shit." She mumbled when the pair didn't reply.

"Hey, Rory." Alex mumbled back. He instantly recognised the concern in her voice. She was afraid she'd mess it all up, which she had, but he somewhat sympathised with the girl.

He watched as her face lit up and a small smile graced her face. She looked up from her feet, only to frown again when she noticed Jess' sour expression towards her. "Look Jess-" Rory began, quickly being interrupted by Zach.

"Oh, shit." He mumbled. Rory snapped her head to the direction he was looking in and watched as Bryce Walker and his gang rounded the corner. "Let's go. Who do you have first period? Mr Wood?" Zach tried his beat to steer his friends away from them, Rory included, but failed rather awkwardly as Bryce shouted down the hall.

"Hey! Jess, Alex! Welcome back, you guys." Bryce smirked as he held his backpack in one hand, the other swinging to rest on Rory's shoulder. She shrugged it off quickly, trying her best for the action to go unnoticed both by the three in front of her but also Chlöe.

"Seriously? 'Welcome back'?" Alex asked. Rory bit her lip at his confrontational manner and wished she had tried with Zach to steer them away.

Bryce ignored the remark, only turning around to glance back at Rory. He whispered something to Chlöe as she looked on from the locker ahead. She smiled and gestured for the blonde girl to follow them.

Rory felt trapped. She could either stay with her old friends follow her new best friend. There was no third option. Each way, she would damage her relationship with one side. Annoyance clouding her judgement, Rory followed after Chlöe without bidding goodbye to Jess, Alex or Zach. They probably didn't want her there anyway.

That was how she spent most of her days at Liberty now; following in Chlöe Rice's footsteps. Nobody else realised it, but Rory spent more time cowering in the shadows of the girl she used to be than 'ruling the school' like they all said she did. She spent more time trying to turn things back to how they used to be than moving on.

That was probably why she hid in the bathroom that lunch. Not to hide from her friends, but to try and make things right again.

"Hey, Dad." She mumbled into her phone. She was surprised that she'd managed to find his number on the internet. A few searches for engagement rings and she'd found his name. "Things are pretty shitty right now. My best friend killed herself 5 months ago." She scoffed at what she was confessing to the man she hadn't seen since before she started at Liberty.

"I haven't spoken to Mom in about a week." Rory's eyes brimmed with tears.
"I miss the old us, dad." She whispered, her voice cracking.

A small part of her wished she would hear his voice reply to her. She almost felt like he was listening and she wasn't just talking to his answer machine. She almost felt like somebody finally cared about her problems.

It was only then she was aware of the possibility of someone else being in the bathroom with her. Rory cleared her throat promptly, ending the voice mail just as quickly as she'd pressed record. She wiped the few tears that fell on her sleeve, leaving an oddly coloured stain on the edge.

As she left the cubicle, Rory rolled her eyes at her reflection. Her blue eyes were bloodshot and they were puffy underneath. She let out a huff and quickly ran out, noticing some other girls come in.

In her rush, she didn't notice the frail body of another person speeding towards her. Within a fraction of a second of her turning, they collided. They hadn't hit with enough to fall over, but both of them stumbled back a few feet.

"Clay." Rory whispered as she met his eyes. She swallowed harshly and looked back at the floor.

"Where were you?" He asked. He shuffled his backpack straps on his shoulders as she continued to ignore him. " You said you'd call."

"Yeah, I know." Rory felt uncomfortable talking to Clay after so long. "I didn't really think you'd wanna talk to me."

"Why would I not want to talk you?" His face softened with his voice. "I'll always wanna talk to you." Clay mumbled the last part making his words unclear to the girl before him.

"I thought you hated me," Rory replied as she furrowed her brows, " you know?After everything with Hannah."

"I could never hate you." Clay whispered, quickly walking past the girl and down the hall.

Rory stood silently for several minutes with her back against somebodies locker. A freshman had almost asked her to move so they could unlock it and put away their books, but they took one look at her and decided against it. She watched as the rest of Liberty passed by her, hurrying to get to their lessons at the sound of the bell ringing.

Rory didn't move. And it wasn't until she felt a hand on her arm that she realised the corridor was empty and she was still standing their. It wasn't until then that she also realised nobody had come looking for her that lunch. Not even Chlöe.

Rory followed the hand on her arm up until she realised it was Mr Porter. "I think it's about time you get to class, Regina." He mumbled, guiding her towards her French classroom. She reluctantly followed, wishing the ground would swallow her while when she walked in late.

LOLLLL what the heck is this chapter oops x HAPPY NEW YEAR HOESSS hope 2k19 is a wild one 4 u😘😘😘 also if anyone fancies dropping us some season 2 ideas PLS DOO love u bbys xx