✨3.4✨

I can't believe I'm going to see Zach again. I tried to avoid to talk about him the whole fall and winter. But now he's coming home for Christmas and of course I'm still living at the Herrons. On my way home I just had my head faced to the floor. My breath was fast. My heart nearly jumped out of my chest. I stopped in front of the house, to see Zach's red Honda. My eyes went wide and I took a step backwards.

Zach: Y/n..!?

I turned around to face Zach after 5 months. He got some facial hair, but not really much. He looked tired. Well he just drove like 10 hours to get here. He wanted to celebrate Christmas with his family, not his ex-girlfriend.

Y/n: Zach.

I turned around and walked up to the front door even faster. Before I could open the door I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to face Zach again.

Zach: H-Hey-...

Y/n: No.

I opened the door and closed it right in front of him. Wait this is also his house.

Zach: y/n. Don't act like a child. Open the door and let us talk!

I took a deep breath and opened the door to face Zach with a backpack in his hand. He pushed himself inside and walked to the couch. He sat down and patted beside him. I sat down and looked at him.

Zach: We need to see other people. You need to move on. I need to too. It's not that I don't love you anymore. I could never stop loving you. But I think you know how hard it is to be so fare away from the one you truly love. Y/n, promise me you'll move on! Promise me you won't wait for me. It'll only hurt us both..!

I nodded at his words. A small smile appeared on our lips.

Y/n: Friends?

He looked up to me and smiled.

Zach: Friends.

He pulled me closer and hugged me thigh. I can't be only friends with him. He means too much for me. I pulled away and looked up to him.

Y/n: Just tell me you don't want this, and i'll stop..

I came closer to him and placed a small kiss on his lips. I looked into his eyes and saw no rejection. A small smile appeared on my lips. He looked at the floor and smiled also.

Zach: So, friends with benefits..?

Y/n: that sounds not really-... romantic. Every time you're here, I'm here for you..!

Zach: So we're trying this again...?

I smiled and nodded.

Y/n: I guess.

HAPPY NEW YEAR